Assistant Athletics Communications Director - Men's Basketball Contact
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 09-06-2017
The Assistant Athletics Communications Director is the direct media contact for the men's basketball program. This includes scheduling interviews, photo shoots and other tasks that are required when basketball is in season. Off season involves a significant amount of record keeping and preparation for the upcoming season.
1. Bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, journalism or related field.
2. Two years full-time experience in sports media relations.
3. Ability to travel.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree.
2. Publications planning and management experience.
3. Demonstrated high level journalistic writing and editing experience.
4. Desktop publishing skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work with media, student-athletes, coaches, administrators, and others involved in media relations and publications.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.