Duties of a Housekeeping Manager may include the following but are not limited to:
- Experience in Custodial Service Management, maintaining a facility with a minimum of 750k square feet.
- Comply with regulatory agencies requirements, i.e. JCAHO, DOH, OSHA, EOC, etc.
- Manager will round daily with unit personnel throughout the facility to maintain cleanliness, and conduct unit and room audits and initiate corrective action.
- Responsible for the management of the day shift supervision and staffing assignments and tasks to insure work is performed effectively and efficiently.
- Plans and schedules staff assignments and cleaning services; reassigns staff to ensure that work is accomplished according to schedule and that staff is fully utilized; and shifts personnel to handle emergency cleaning, maintenance and care projects.
- Informs staff of custodial and related policies and directives in meetings and memorandum.
- Supervises the custodial program inventory system, including the requisitioning and proper distribution and control of new cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Provides oral and written instructions to staff for requested special cleaning services which vary from routine operations, including the development of training programs to comply with sustainability directives.
- Inspects, audits buildings and assigned area for compliance with cleaning guidelines; and investigates complaints of unsatisfactory cleaning performance and takes corrective action.
- Supervises the arrangement of premises for public meetings and special events by directing the movement and placement of seating and other equipment as specified by the event coordinator.
- Performs the full range of supervisory duties such as interviewing and selecting staff; resolving personnel problems; evaluating work performance, and taking appropriate disciplinary action, as necessary; approving requests for leave and maintaining time cards; and recommending retention or termination of employees.
- Oversee the supervision of new employees to insure proper probationary competencies are meet.
- Utilize software program to assign and maintain facility in a clean, sanitary and safe condition.
- Utilize software program to enhance patient flow monitoring and reducing response, clean and turnaround time in patient rooms.
Required Qualifications: Associates degree and three years Custodial Service operations experience. In lieu of Associates degree, four years of progressive Custodial Service management experience. Strong oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors Degree. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of ESC, CMS, Service Master, Blue Book, and/or Cerner software programs. Healthcare setting experience.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serves as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Senior Staff Assistant
Job Field: Housekeeping
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Hospital Custodial Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00AM - 4:30PMHospital Custodial Services-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Aug 21, 2017
Posting End Date: Sep 20, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL3