Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Mineola
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Mineola-1702012
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
High School diploma or equivalent and valid NYS License in Practical Nursing. Four (4) years of full time experience in an ambulatory or long term care or private duty care setting. Experience with taking vital signs and blood drawing.
Experience in a Family or Internal Medicine practice. Experience conducting EKG’s. Phlebotomy certified. Experience conducting spirometry tests. Experience using EMR system(s). Spanish/English bilingual. Familiarity with the WTC Healthcare Program.
Brief Description of Duties:
The selected candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and will perform the following duties:
• Provide direct patient care to include: phlebotomy, spirometry and recording vital signs (blood pressure, pulse rate, height and weight).
• Gather information from patients to fill out the medical monitoring questionnaire.
• Perform patient injections as prescribed by the physician;
• Take notes on visit.
• Screen lab values as assigned and notify attending physician of abnormal values.
• Prepare patient charts and files as needed.
• Maintain patient chart flow sheets.
• Ensure the specimens are collected and delivered in a timely manner.
• Record results in patient chart and logs. Enter medical information into EMR systems, including, but not limited to, vital signs, medications, past medical and family history and more.
• Telephone results to other physicians as instructed; Assist with case care management, patient referrals and medical inventory. Participate in QI/QA projects and maintain unit for delivery of high quality care.
• Other duties as assigned.
Special Notes: Occasional Saturdays will be required. Travel between the Mineola and Commack clinics will occasionally be required.
FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free starting January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 160 pediatric specialists, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans
If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website athttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Senior Patient Care Specialist
Job Field: LPN
Primary Location: US-NY-Mineola
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Sep 6, 2017
Posting End Date: Sep 20, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: $42,000-$46,559 CWE
Salary Grade: N7