Assistant Director of Recruiting
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Assistant Director of Recruitment
Position #737488 - Requisition #11002
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Assistant Director of Recruitment position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work
The Assistant Director of Recruitment position is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and accomplished professional to join a progressive admissions and advising team within the Business School at the University of Colorado Denver. This position exists to assist with the development and execution of a recruitment plan with the goal of promoting the Business School's visibility and increase student enrollment. They will be responsible for the development and maintenance of a customer service model that encompasses the reception area, phone calls, emails, individual and group appointments and recruiting presentations. In addition, the Assistant Director will be responsible for participating in, coordinating, and supervising recruiting events.
This position reports directly to the Associate Director of Recruitment.
This position provides direct supervision to a Peer Advisor and assists with the supervision of the Student Recruitment, Scholarship and Outreach Professional.
Examples of Work Performed
- Assists with the develop and execution of short and long-term recruitment plans and strategies that will tie in to Business School retention efforts
- Utilize advanced and innovative recruitment technology and techniques for effective student recruitment
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in recruiting activities
- Serve as the initial point of contact for prospective students for designated programs
- Develop effective yield activities for admitted students
- Travel on behalf of the Business School for recruitment and other college-related events
- Generate and utilize statistical reports to enhance recruitment and retention strategies, yield management, forecasting, and operational efficiency
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders and constituents on and off campus
- Coordinate ranking surveys
- Collaborate with marketing team on the development of recruitment materials and collateral
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the mission and values of the Business School and the university
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $57,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, social sciences, liberal arts, higher education, public administration or other related field
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including 4 years of experience in either postsecondary student affairs or 4 years of experience in student, staff, and/or customer recruitment
- Master's degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, social sciences, liberal arts or other related field
- Five years of professional experience in recruitment or sales
- Previous supervisory experience of either professional or student staff
- Experience with Student Information Systems/CRM
- Experience with Filemaker or similar database
- Experience with the development of print and electronic publications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills along with functional interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, identify and set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to influence others positively through the use of sales/marketing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to travel and to work some evenings and weekends
- Possess significant strategic, analytical, and creative capacity
- Knowledge of and experience in statistical analysis
- Collaborative work style
- Energetic and flexible
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Gary Colbert, Associate Dean at email@example.com
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 20, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gary Colbert
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737488