Communications and Relations Specialist
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine
Communications and Relations Specialist
Position #1369 - Requisition #10039
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The School of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Communications and Relations Specialist position.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with alumni, donors, faculty, and other internal or external stakeholders of the University of Colorado Physical Therapy Program. This position involves all aspects of the Program's external relations efforts including: marketing and management of messaging to internal and external parties, publications, management of brand compliance and consistency, writing, editing, proofreading, graphic design, web content development, electronic and social media communications, news media/relations, public relations, photography and videography. This position is responsible to oversee program events and assist with budgets for these events, as well as play a critical role in supporting the donor engagement and stewardship for current and prospective supporters of the program.
This position is responsible to exercise discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic and social functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related the Physical Therapy Program.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
Optional: This position is/is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
- A bachelor's degree in public relations, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- This position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience in marketing, communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not the specific experience.
- Experience working with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working with digital audio and video recording equipment.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
- Experience working with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Snapchat in a professional, educational or business environment.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- This position requires proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate accurately and effectively, both written and orally
- Strong skills in the creation, writing, editing, document production, web site content, and other forms of communication.
- Demonstrate accuracy in all details; is able to record and report effectively.
- Well organized, able to work effectively independently and with teams, in both leadership and support roles.
- Manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines; use time effectively; problem-solve and perform assigned responsibilities with minimal to moderate supervision; keep key parties aware of project statuses.
- Professionally represent the PT Program.
- Utilize skill in independent judgment and discretion.
- Ability to be creative, supportive, and thoughtful in problem-solving, considering the diverse and occasionally conflicting needs and perspectives of the constituents.
- Flexibility to adapt to various situations and environments.
- Ability to evaluate financial and statistical information in order to develop key messages and aid in preparation of financial reports.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of digital audio and video recording equipment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20884 - SOM-RM Physical Therapy
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Vonelle Kelly
Posting Contact Email: Vonelle.Kelly@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00001369