Associate Director of Recruiting
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Associate Director of Recruitment
Position #737483 - Requisition #10998
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Business School at the University of Colorado Denver has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Associate Director of Recruitment position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work
The Associate Director of Recruitment is responsible for developing and executing recruiting strategies for the Business School that increase student enrollment and that more generally increase the reputation of Business School programs. The Associate Director is also responsible for overseeing and participating in recruiting and retention events. Priority is placed on increasing enrollment in our graduate programs and especially in our Full-time MBA and Professional MBA programs. This position will directly supervise two Assistant Directors of Recruitment.
This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of Graduate Programs.
This position provides direct supervision to two Assistant Directors of Recruiting and indirectly to the Student Recruitment, Scholarship and Outreach Professional.
Examples of Work Performed
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve recruitment and admissions goals set by the School's leadership
- Actively manage team of Assistant Directors of Recruitment to ensure alignment with overall strategies and progress towards unit/school goals
- Apply methods consistent with the best practices for recruitment and admissions professionals at nationally ranked business schools, e.g., planning, activities, events, technology employment, marketing, social media, etc.
- Plan and execute media campaigns and evaluate campaign results
- Expand the visibility and reputation of our graduate program brands
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key stakeholders and constituents
- Develop effective yield processes and activities for recruitment and admission of students
- Oversee and participate in recruitment events and activities such as information sessions
- Travel on behalf of the Business School for recruitment and other college-related events
- Collaborate with our marketing team on the development of recruitment materials and collateral
- Serve as a key point of contact for prospective students
- Serve as an articulate spokesperson for the value and mission of our programs, the Business School and the university
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $80,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, social sciences, liberal arts, higher education, public administration or other related field
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience at the management level, including 6 years of direct responsibility for student, staff or customer recruitment and marketing.
- Master's degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, social sciences, liberal arts or other related field
- Eight years of relevant recruitment and marketing experience
- Previous supervisory experience of professional staff
- Recruitment and marketing experience in a higher education environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Proven success in recruiting and retaining students or similar customers
- Interpersonal skills that suggest the ability to relate exceptionally well to potential students and others
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel and to work some evenings and weekends
- Significant strategic, analytical, and creative capacity
- Collaborative work style
- Energetic and flexible
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Gary Colbert, Associate Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who are selected for an interview will be required to make a presentation to the hiring committee related to recruiting. Additional information will be provided to those who are selected for an interview.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 20, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 20, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30055 - Business School
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Gary Colbert
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00737483