PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 91993-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Categories: Academic Advising, Student Services/Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 91993-AS
Working Title: PHARMACOLOGY AND TOXICOLOGY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Official Title: STUDENT SERVICES CORD(T25DN) or ASSOC STU SERV COORD(T25FN)
Hiring Department: A561000-SCHOOL OF PHARMACY/PHARMACY
Anticipated Begin Date: OCTOBER 01, 2017
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,790 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
BA/BS required. MA/MS desirable, preferred in higher education student affairs, counseling, education or related field. Candidates with a background in biological sciences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
The candidate should have a minimum 2 years of relevant student services experience in a higher education setting. Additonally, they should have the following:
- Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating small and large scale events and programs.
- Demonstrate ability to develop and maintain relationships with diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and campus partners.
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Knowledge of student development and advising theory and practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively and collegially in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills
- An outgoing and energetic service-oriented personality.
The Pharmacology and Toxicology Program Coordinator will provide student advising, Pre Pharm-Tox recrutiment and advising, Pharmacology/Toxicology admissions operations, and will also participate in various School of Pharmacy PharmTox activities.
Preferred work experience includes the following:
- Familiarity and/or background in the biolgoical sciences and research, as well as the health professions.
- Experience with recruitment and admissions in a university setting.
- Willingness to travel (minimal travel requirements).
- Willingness to work evenings/weekends as needed.
Instructions to applicants:
Please submit a cover letter, CV/resume, and list of three references addressed to Jeffrey Johnson, Professor, by the required deadline.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Sep 6 2017 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Sep 20 2017 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time