Cleaning Lab Technician
The Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Research (LASP) is looking for a full-time 40 hours a week laboratory cleaning technician that can assist in the cleaning required at our world renowned science research institute. Items that are sent into space must pass stringent cleanliness levels before being assembled and tested. Also the support equipment used with flight hardware must be cleaned to these same levels. This position would be responsible for working in a lab setting cleaning parts on a daily basis following approved cleaning procedures.
• Cleaning of mechanical parts for space flight
• Cleaning of electrical harnesses and assemblies for space flight
• Wipe down of large shipping containers used to store and transport space hardware
• Following detailed instructions for cleaning processes
• Organization and reordering of supplies
• Help manage work flow in lab
• Responsible for daily room cleaning and monthly full room scrubs on clean room areas. Clean room is a class 10K clean room.
- High School graduation required
- The ideal candidate for this position is someone that can work independently on similar repetitive tasks.
- Ideally this candidate is someone that appreciates items being very clean and organized around them.
- This candidate would be working with several college students that already currently work part-time in this lab.
- This candidate will be required to lift parts weighing up to 40 lbs.
- This candidate must be comfortable wearing a cleaning lab smock, hair bouffant, face mask, gloves and shoe covers while at work. This position requires use of different solvents such as Ethanol, Isopropyl, Acetone and a few others.
Due to U.S. Export Control Restrictions, only U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents may apply.
- Desired experience working in a lab setting around solvents.
- Technical degree or college degree desired but not required
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applicants must complete the Faculty/University Staff and EEO Data (application) form, and upload the following required documents: 1 - Curriculum Vitae or Resume 2 - Cover Letter. The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of Colorado at Boulder conducts background checks on all final applicants being considered for employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10060 - Lab Atmos/Space Physics
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Freya Olson
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738792