Budget and Finance Manager
University of Colorado Denver
Budget and Finance Manager
Position #721956 - Requisition 10996
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Budget and Finance Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide the accounting and financial activities for the University. Functions include general accounting, budget, financial analysis and audit, tax and reporting, accounts payable and receivables, government cost reimbursement, contract administration, cashiering, cash management/ banking, investments, treasury and travel audit.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff.
The Budget and Finance Manager is responsible for overseeing the Auraria Library's nearly $10M annual budget, $7M which goes toward General Operating costs and $3M toward the purchase of learning materials. The Budget and Finance Manager has the direct responsibility for managing the General Operating portion of the annual budget including but not limited to fund allocation, accounts receivable, budgeting, and coordination and communication with internal and external stakeholders. The Budget and Finance Manager assists the Technical and Financial Services, Associate Director with financial analysis in such areas as budget development and implementation, forecasting and cost reduction.
The Budget and Finance Manager is a member of the library's Shared Leadership Team. This position is responsible for clearly communicating and presenting budget information across the Library and to external stakeholders. The Budget and Finance Manager supervises one full-time employee.
The Auraria Library is newly renovated. For more information about the renovation, visit http://library.auraria.edu/renovations/phases/innovating-dreams.
Discover Auraria Library: https://youtu.be/MqWyvWCOo0U
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $59,532 - $65,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- *Education Substitution- Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration or related field.
- The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience in the areas of budgeting, finance, or accounting.
- Master's degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or related field.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Experience with web based financial, HR and/or procurement systems such as Concur, Peoplesoft, and/or Marketplace (or similar).
- Experience working in human resource management.
- Experience working in higher education with financial and budgetary aspects.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrable interpersonal, analytical, and project management skills in a service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrate excellent management skills with a strong commitment to fostering growth and development of others.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and collaboratively to develop productive partnerships within/across departments and organizations.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Conceptualize and articulate complex concepts to a wide variety of audiences.
- Analyze a variety of problems, make recommendations for their solution, evaluate the execution of solutions, and prepare and adapt goals and procedures accordingly.
- Remain current with all changes in University, State and Federal rules, policies and procedures for fiscal, technology, and human resource management.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of accounting principles including payables, receivables and budget building.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: [Alex Matthews, firstname.lastname@example.org]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 24, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 24, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Finance and Accounting
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30124 - AVC-OARS Library
Posting Date: Sep 6, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Alex Matthews
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00721956