Cashier (As Needed)
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
CU South Denver location
Cashier (As Needed)
Position #2688 / Requisition 09797
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
CU South Denver is managed by the University of Colorado Denver, a comprehensive urban research university serving more than 28,000 students in metropolitan Denver and online. All four CU campuses - CU Anschutz Medical Campus, CU Boulder, CU Colorado Springs, and CU Denver - collaborate in the success of the CU South Denver expansion. Located east of I-25 along Lincoln Ave. in Parker, the building was donated to the University of Colorado in 2015. The gift of the entire building and operations allows for more services, more convenience, and more value to be delivered to South Denver residents, employers, and business professionals. Classes are offered for degree-seeking and continuing education students and include popular interest areas such as nursing, engineering, education and business. CU South Denver serves as a cultural center and community asset, including an art and natural history museum, a large-screen movie theater, K-12 museum education programs, and community events for all ages. Catered event space for business, weddings and the community are available for rent. CU South Denver is a fun, educational place to work and help others.
This part-time, University Staff (unclassified) position works primarily in our Caf at the Liniger Building at CU South Denver and serves all guests in the caf, including museum patrons, students, faculty, and staff. The Caf Line Cashier is responsible for food production within the guidelines set by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, the Executive Chef and management team.
This position requires a high level of customer service skill, food preparation and safety, and professional approach. The Part-Time Caf Cashier requires the flexibility to work evenings, weekends and holidays and may work up to 19 hours per week.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Execute food orders from customers as required by the Executive Chef, Events and Catering Manager, the Business Operations Director or the Vice Chancellor of South Denver.
- Prepare all foods under the direction of the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
- Observe and practice all established health and sanitation procedures.
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness and provide the highest level of service.
- Answer guest questions about food, beverages, and facilities.
- Staff sales and handle cash procedures as required by policy and procedure in an ethical and accurate way. Operate point-of-sale systems and consistently follow all cash handling procedures. Recognize security risks concerning stock and cash, remain knowledgeable on how to prevent and handle these situations and follow established security procedures.
- Ensure all products are prepared, held and served at correct temperatures.
- Ensure the proper rotation, labeling and dating of all products.
- Use the proper utensils and portions at all times.
- Maintains the work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition in accordance with state, county, and company health regulations and safety regulations.
- Maintain and clean the dining room area to ensure clean and sanitary conditions.
- Keep management informed of food quantities and quality in prep, on the line and in holding cabinets.
- Assist with re-stocking of all goods and food items as needed, including soda machine, condiment station, and other areas.
- May be assigned to work multiple stations throughout the shift.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
- Participate in organized training and meetings to learn new aspects related to the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
- Respond to requests from guests, supervisors and management in a timely, professional and efficient manner.
- 3 months experience in a restaurant front line service position.
- 3 months previous experience cashiering.
- Must be willing and able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for entire shift.
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift and carry food and other items weighing up to 30 pounds and occasionally greater.
- Must be willing and able to work hours that may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- One (1) year customer service experience.
- Ability to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to follow written and oral direction.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently.
- High level of organization and ability to manage multiple food orders and tasks.
- Ability to quickly and effectively meet the needs of caf customers.
- Flexible work style and attitude with a willingness to work as a member of a fast-paced team.
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality.
- Knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3 professional references. Questions should be directed to CU South Denver HR at SouthDenverHR@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. This posting may be used to fill multiple vacancies in the department. Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, reference Requisition 09797. The Search Committee reviews applications and interviews on an as-needed basis. Applications will remain on file until the hiring department has an immediate need to review applications. Screening and interviews can be conducted at any point in time as the hiring department desires. Applications will remain on file for up to one year. Once a screening has occurred, applicants will be notified of their status.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60140 - ADM-VCSD BusOpEvent/Cater/Cafe
Posting Date: Jun 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CU South Denver Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: SouthDenverHR@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00002688