IT Networking Adjunct Assistant Prof
Job Description: Teach lecture and lab for courses in either Windows, Linux, or Cisco. Faculty responsibilities include preparing and managing course materials, successfully delivering and assessing course objectives, and meeting administrative requirements such as the submission of syllabi, attendance, and grades. Faculty members are also sometimes asked to participate in professional development activities or meet with students outside of the classroom.
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field; or a combination of bachelor degree, 18 credit hours in IT above level of teaching, and industry work experience.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated positive team work experience.
- Comfortable adopting new technologies and a desire to create/deliver effective online content.
- Understands the importance to adapt to the changing landscape of higher education.
- with faculty and students from other disciplines, as well as with industry and community partners.
- Experience and certification in IT networking for courses taught
at least one of the following certifications
Cisco CCENT or CCNA
MCP (Microsoft certification)
- Self-motivated to accomplish tasks within given timeline.
- Online Teaching experience is a plus.
- IT teaching experience preferred.
REQUIRED: Please attach a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcriptions and certifications. A test lecture related to the course(s) being taught will be required as part of the interview process for selected applicants.
Course outlines and objectives are available online at www.jccc.edu
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay. Eligible for JCCC tuition reimbursement plan, voluntary tax sheltered annuity, use of Lifetime Fitness Center, JCCC Hiersteiner Child Development Center, and Staff Development.
Hours per Week
Hours and days vary
REQUIRED: Please attach a resume, cover letter and teaching philosophy with your application. A test lecture related to Windows operating system will be required as part of the interview process for selected applicants.