Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CFRN10008AA/CF1N10002AA
This posting is for two (2) positions as Administrative Assistant V of Academic Affairs:
- Administrative Assistant V - supporting Associate Vice President for Operations, Outreach, and Development
- Administrative Assistant V - supporting Associate Vice President for Instruction, Articulation, and Assessment
Reporting to the Administrative Assistant VI of Academic Affairs, provide support to on of the the Associate Vice President's of Academic Affairs and the activities associated with the office which has oversight for a variety of programs, services, committees, projects, and reports involving faculty, staff, and academic administrators in all divisions of Academic Affairs. Assist the Administrative Assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs in all matters pertaining to the Office of Academic Affairs, in his/her absence.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant V (F/T), CFRN10008AA/CF1N10002AA
Duties of Position:
- In support of the College's mission, perform receptionist duties, receive and initiate telephone contacts, organize and maintain files, and all related daily office functions to provide excellent customer service for internal and external requests for information and assistance.
- Compose correspondence and create agendas, written reports, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, formal documents, and perform College processes electronically using a variety of computer software tools such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Datatel/Colleague, Mercury, ASTRA Room Scheduling, Intranet, SurveyMonkey Surveys, and the Internet.
- Create and format formal reports, charts, and presentations in a professional manner that is appropriate for the Associate Vice President, to share information with Faculty, Academic Administrators, Staff, the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the President and members of Cabinet, and for the Board of Trustees when requested.
- Facilitate office communications appropriately and with confidentiality as needed for personnel issues and student issues.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Associate Vice President's calendar by scheduling appointments and maintaining distribution lists.
- Assist in the development, electronic input and monitoring of budgets under the administrative oversight of the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Process all purchase requisitions, timesheets, and various other forms related to all areas managed by the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Compile data, prepare charts and graphs, and summarize information for the development of statistical analyses, special project reports, grant reports, and other reports and questionnaires required for institutional compliance with the Illinois Community College Board and others. Coordinate all meeting arrangements and take minutes of meetings as requested for a variety of committees and task forces facilitated or sponsored by the Associate Vice President.
- Coordinate internal and external communications and arrangements for special ceremonies and events, conferences, and project meetings involving administrators, faculty and staff from area four-year colleges and universities, high schools, and other educational partners.
- Assist in making travel arrangements for the Vice President, Associate Vice Presidents and others, including processing registrations and expenses, booking flights, attaining hotel and ground transportation reservations, and preparing itineraries and meeting materials/packets through the college's travel software.
- Process forms from administrators, faculty, and staff, including Human Resource forms, pre-travel, reimbursable expenses, leave reports, equipment transfer/disposal requests, telephone and maintenance work orders, purchase requisitions, etc.
- Work cooperatively with, and assume the responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant to Vice President of Academic Affairs in his/her absence in all matters pertaining to the Office of Academic Affairs, including preparation of the weekly meeting of the Vice President and his/her Administrators, Cabinet and the Board of Trustees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) to three (3) years administrative office experience in a community college or university or a related office setting. Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and customer service in communications and interactions with students, faculty, office staff, and administrators in all areas of the college and also for college guests and the general public. Works autonomously with little supervision and is able to multi-task on a frequent basis. This position requires critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills in order to produce quality work, efficiently accomplish objectives, and meet deadlines. Excellent written and oral communication skills and proficient in using a variety of computer software tools such as Microsoft Windows, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet.
High school diploma plus some college level office technology courses.
Four (4) or more years of advanced secretarial experience in the instructional area of a college or university; knowledgeable of college policies and procedures with a broad understanding of the internal organization; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer and printers, calculator, telephone, copy machine and fax machine.
General office environment. Ability to work in an open environment with high level of visibility; ability to interact well with senior management, faculty, students, and community members. Operate appropriate office equipment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: AVP Academic Affairs - APA
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt