Clerical Assistant-Art Collection (P/T Temp), CPTN31790PARTS
Assist the Gallery Curator with the process, documentation, research, and installation of the College's new acquisitions and art collection.
Position Title: Clerical Assistant-Art Collection (P/T Temp), CPTN31790PARTS
Duties of Position:
- Art collection research.
- Compose brief art collection descriptions and organize the production of signage.
- Maintain art collection database and inventory.
- Assist in layout and installation of collection.
- Assist in the photo documentation of collection.
- Give tours. Assist in curating an exhibition from new acquisitions.
- Assist with new acquisitions and auction of existing collection.
Experience and Education:
Currently studying Art History or fine Art at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
Pursuing a curatorial career.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Basic computer skills. Occasional use of small hand tools.
This job will be performed in multiple locations and situations on and off campus during typical work hours. Campus offices, library, gallery, and off-campus art storage location.
Department: Performing Arts - PARTS
Position Type: Temporary - TP
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt