Summary: Working under general supervision, cleans china, glassware, pots and pans. Responsible for the meal service in the employee cafeteria. Maintains safety and sanitary standards in the kitchen and employee cafeteria.
- Sorts and rinses dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and places them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sorts and stacks clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
- Washes pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Removes trash from the kitchen and takes garbage to dumpster. Breaks down all cardboard boxes and stores them properly. Cleans all trashcans.
- Organizes and cleans dishwashing area through the assigned shift.
- Fills and empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweeps and mops floors. Wipes up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Assembles, disassembles and cleans the dish machine.
- Cleans and clears the loading dock of debris.
- Notifies manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Maintains and cleans the soda fountain.
- Turns on heat wells on and fills cold well with ice.
- Sets up and cleans up employee meals during lunch and dinner periods.
- Stocks soap and paper towels, in the dispensers, to ensure they are full at all times.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Completion of High School and/or six months work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to operate dish machine.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Heavy work. Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and hearing. Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Subject to both environmental conditions: activities occur both inside and outside.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Previous experience in a kitchen.
Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
To help provide a safe learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States