Targeted Assessment Specialist
Job located in Bullitt County. The Targeted Assessment Specialist (TAS) is a UK employee who will work full-time at the Department for Community Based Services (DCBS) office in Shepherdsville, KY to: 1) conduct assessment interviews with DCBS clients in the areas of mental health, substance use, intimate partner violence, and learning problems; 2) provide intensive pre-treatment and case management services; 3) facilitate referrals to appropriate services/agencies, and 4) provide follow-up services. The TAS will also: provide consultation; collaborate effectively with multiple service systems; and be responsible for documentation, reports and entry of information into the program's database. Frequent travel in Bullitt County and the region is required. The TAS provides non-traditional community based services such as home visits and participant transportation to services. The UK Targeted Assessment Program (TAP) is designed to identify and address barriers to self-sufficiency and safety among DCBS clients and is sponsored by the KY Cabinet for Health and Family Services with Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) funds.
Targeted Assessment Specialist
7H090:CENTER ON DRUG & ALCOHOL RESEA
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm (40 hrs/week).
MS Windows, Excel, entering data into a web-based system.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's degree plus 3 years of related direct service experience in Social Work or Counseling.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * I recognize that this position works out of the Department of Community Based Services office in Shepherdsville, KY and routinely requires non-traditional, community based activities, such as home visits and transportation of participants to services.
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid employment experience providing assessment, counseling, and case management to low-income clients.
- more than 0, up through 1 year
- more than 1 year, up through 3 years
- more than 3 years up through 5 years
- more than 5 years
- * Please describe your experience and interest in providing non-traditional community based services, such as home visits, to low-income parents with multiple barriers.
(Open Ended Question)
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter