Transfer Admissions Counselor
Join an Office of Admissions team that is enthusiastic about promoting access to higher education by supporting prospective and incoming Metropolitan State University of Denver Roadrunners. The position is specifically part of the Office of Admissions, Transfer Services, and contributes to the MSU Denver Mission to provide a high-quality, accessible, enriching education that prepares students for successful careers, post-graduate education and lifelong learning in a multicultural, global and technological society.
The Transfer Admissions Counselor’s main responsibility is to recruit and support future and incoming MSU Denver Roadrunners. The team member will provide high quality customer service, transfer admissions counseling, previous course review, and academic planning advice to prospective MSU Denver transfer students. The Transfer Admissions Counselor will recruit at and maintain a regular visitation schedule at Colorado community colleges and establish positive working relationships with academic advising staff at those colleges. The position supports the enrollment function by assisting accepted transfer students with completing the enrollment process. The transfer counselor participates in group and individual presentations both on and off campus and regularly follows up with students via phone and email communication.
The ideal candidate will be creative, positive, collaborative, detail-oriented, hardworking, understand the value and implications of a college degree, and value diversity in providing high quality customer service to future and incoming Roadrunners.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Transfer Admissions Counselor
Salary for Announcement
The hiring salary range begins at $35,530. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time Administrators
50% – University On-Campus Efforts
• Advise prospective transfer students about admission procedures, academic planning, ability of previous college credits to transfer, course equivalency, university policies, the financial aid process, scholarships, program requirements, registration, tuition classification, and available student support services.
• Maintain regular contact with prospective students regarding MSU Denver information and to provide academic planning.
• Collaborate with MSU Denver staff and faculty to provide a better transition for incoming transfer students.
• Establish strong working relationships with academic advisors and academic departments in order to successfully develop and execute transfer articulation agreements with a variety of educational institutions.
• Assist transfer students with resolution of transfer related issues.
35% – Recruitment & Outreach
• Represent MSU Denver at Colorado community colleges, career education fairs, advising workshops, panel discussions, and other relevant recruitment events.
• Maintain a regular visitation schedule for recruitment and advising purposes at Colorado community colleges and potential out-of-state community colleges.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of outreach and communication for targeted transfer students and of special on and off-campus recruitment-related events (use of email, phone, and Customer Relationship Management system).
• To support the diverse student body and emerging HSI (Hispanic Serving Institution) status of MSU Denver, this position may entail written and verbal communication in Spanish as part of their outreach efforts.
10% – Presentations to prospective and admitted students
• Prepare and make individual and group presentations to prospective transfer students regarding the application, admissions, and transfer credit process, including campus tour presentations, orientation sessions, prospective and admitted student events, community college fairs and panels, and other relevant community events.
5% – Miscellaneous duties
• Involvement in the campus community through committees, campus-wide events, and opportunities for shared governance.
• Attend professional development conferences and trainings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations.
• A minimum of 1 year full-time or 3 years part-time experience working in higher education, secondary education, or another field focused on high quality customer service.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Experience providing presentations to groups.
• A valid driver’s license, due to required frequent travel for recruiting activities.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish (speaking and writing).
• Experience working at a community college.
• Skilled at assisting college students in degree planning.
• Involvement working in admissions or advising in a higher education setting.
• Experience providing high quality customer service through face-to-face interactions with clients, customers, or students.
• Knowledge of transfer coursework and transfer agreements.
• Experience using a Student Information System database or Customer Relationship Management system.
• Master’s degree in higher education, counseling or related field.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Official copies of transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.