Buffet Attendant/Food Runner
Summary: The Buffet Attendant/Food Runner, under general supervision sets up and maintains buffet and hors d'oeuvres functions to the standards set by the Chef.
- Sets up, breaks down, and cleans all equipment for buffet functions.
- Maintains proper food temperatures for all food products of buffets, hors d’oeuvres, and hot boxes.
- Maintains buffets so they look bountiful and attractive. Maintains level of plates and silverware.
- Serves soup to guests as they pass through buffet.
- Returns food to kitchen for proper storage.
- Cleans buffet tables and polishes equipment.
- Maintains communication with kitchen to ensure adequate backup of food.
- Maintains a high level of sanitation and safety in all kitchen areas.
- Reports any problems encountered during shift to Supervisor.
- Sets up and stores table displays.
- Assists the Dishwasher, when necessary.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma and one year related experience in the hospitality industry or restaurant environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer service skills.
- Knowledge of fine dining etiquette.
- Knowledge of menu items and ingredients.
- Ability to make creative presentation of food items.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Ability to prioritize needs of the guests and make them a top priority.
- Ability to stand for four hours or more and the ability to life 40 pounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States