Utility Systems Manager
Summary: supervise, evaluate, plan, and participate in the day-to-day operations and mechanical maintenance and repairs of all the Base Kodiak plants, POL facilities, and their respective base-wide distribution systems.
- responsible for supervising subordinates in separate plant locations. Ensure all plants, including POL and fuel services, are operated and maintained in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and industry best management practices.
- shall create operating standards and best practices for managing day-to-day operations of internal and external workforces executing facility and utility systems.
- hold at least one State of Alaska license or certification as defined in Section 5.16 or the FFOM. If not currently held, it must be obtained within 30 days prior to contract start.
- minimum of 10 years experience as a licensed industrial plant or fuel facilities operator. This experience should include the use, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of computers, system monitoring equipment and automated plant equipment
- minimum of three years experience supervising other workers who monitor, operate, maintain, and repair industrial plants or fuel facilities, as well as their systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of the safety hazards and necessary safety precautions connected with plant operation.
- ability to establish standard plant operating and safety procedures.
- possess strong knowledge of engineering operations (e.g., facilities, utilities, maintenance, and design).
- Proficiency in the use of standard software programs to keep accurate and detailed electronic and hard copy records, generate reports, and maintain plant and POL O & M Manuals
- Familiarity with and knowledge of the regulations governing the plants and fuel facilities and their distribution systems.
- Knowledge of the repair, maintenance practices, and needs for fuel facilities or plants and distribution systems.
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Choctaw Defense Services Inc. (CDS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma has been awarded the contract by the United States Coast Guard to perform Base Operation Support Services Base Kodiak, and the United States Navy Special Warfare (NSW) Base Spruce Cape on the Kodiak Island in Alaska.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 10:53:55 PDT