Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location /Department: Engineering
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Engineer, under the direction of the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, implements manufacturing methods/processes to improve efficiency during the product development phase and the transition into the production phase. Assists in maximizing product process efficiency by analyzing the layout of equipment, workflow and manufacturing methods/processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assure/verify compliance of manufacturing methods/processes with approved methods/processes and quality requirements/standards as defined on drawings, customer specifications and customer contracts/purchase order requirements as directed by the assigned Project Engineer
- Review and approve calibration results for tools and gauges used to manufacture all parts for assigned manufacturing processes
- Oversee the incorporation and maintenance of customer issued drawing and all other process changes, which may include Engineering Change Notices (ECN's), into the systems and assigned processes
- Responsible for the oversight and sign-off of product repairs, reworks and Nonconforming Material Report (NMR) disposition and root cause validation
- Perform the disposition of pre-SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) and SCAR non-conformances and take appropriate actions to support all respective vendors, to include site visits as required by our Purchasing department
- Oversee the collection and submittal of key characteristic data, along with required preparation efforts for recurring product audits for assigned manufacturing processes
- Interact with other related disciplines within the facility to develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods
- Participate in Product Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) meetings and provide assistance as required by the assigned Process Administrators
- Monitor First Time Yield (FTY) data and report data trends to assigned Project Engineer
- Perform process validations (including standard hour verification) on assigned processes through a hands-on review by witnessing the performance of operations and discussions with all involved shop personnel, Manufacturing Process Control (MPC) personnel and other Engineering personnel as directed by the assigned Project or Manufacturing Engineer
- Extract from our system, organize and draft information pertaining to first article submittals as necessary to support the Quality/Engineering Administrator
- Monitor and verify tasks for assigned manufacturing processes are completed according to published milestone plans
- Follow up to ensure CNC (Computer Numerical Control) and CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) program approvals are completed, as applicable, for all assigned manufacturing processes
- Perform duties/responsibilities related to this position as assigned by the Engineering Manager
- Recommend safety & ergonomic improvements in our material handling devices, manufacturing tools, and workstations to accommodate best practices for shop floor personnel
- Responsible to support Phase 3 and Phase 4 tasks of NPI (National Provider Identificaton) process for assigned manufacturing processes
- Perform all assigned Workstation Audits in accordance with the published schedules
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary
To perform this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Minimum three (3) years experience in a manufacturing industry and related industry
- Must have working knowledge of the CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) system use, shop mathematics, sheet metal fabrication, machining, welding, inspection methods, and special processes including plasma coatings, laser drilling, and airflow measurement
- Knowledgeable in Electrical Discharge Machining and/or Thermal Barrier Coatings
- Knowledgeable in Heat Treat/Brazing, Welding
- Experience with Turning or Milling is a plus
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability of mentoring employees
- Demonstrates written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, electrical equipment, acetone, alcohol, argon, braze alloys, nitrogen, hydrogen, oil based or water soluble lubricants and cleaning solutions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moderate cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually nominal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to pass an annual eye exam resulting in 20/20 corrected vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. Must be able to communicate verbally and have the ability to hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to thirty (30) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds throughout the shift. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of all levels in the organization
At CareerSource we specialize in talent. Our network of career development professionals works directly with employers to align their demand for skilled talent with the needs of Floridians seeking employment and career development opportunities.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 07:49:25 PDT