Construction Project Manager (Int'l Projects - Active Clearance Req'd)
(Please note that Lombard, Illinois is our Corporate Office. Project Manager opportunities are located overseas)
Pernix Group is interested in hiring an International Construction Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years of field experience. The ideal candidate will have past experience on Design-Build jobs for OBO, and/or have led a Construction Project $150M or more, where they served as a project manager. This person will deploy overseas and will be responsible for overall execution and delivery of the project. They will be responsible for ensuring all field operations are carried out per the project and company policies and procedures, and for ensuring that all operations and work meet the contract requirements.
Skills & Experience:
- Recent successful performance as Project Manager on OBO Department of State projects equal to or larger than $150M which includes U.S. Embassy project experience
- Experience in all aspects of design/build contract execution
- Experience managing projects $150M or more
- Experience in all aspects of design/build or construction contract execution
- Understanding of all project requirements including, but not limited to: insurance, bonding, procurement, logistics, shipping, etc.
- Understanding of all specifications, drawings, and owner intent for the construction of the facility
- Ability to manage the project general conditions
- Subcontractor and vendor solicitation, buy-out, and management
- Class A facility experience
- Participation in weekly owner-architect-contractor meetings to include the project schedule updates, meeting minutes, project billing reviews, drawings changes and reviews, safety reviews, quality control reviews, three week look ahead schedule review, and project change orders
- Experience with project invoicing and subcontractor/vendor billing management
- Excellent English language verbal and written skills
- Understanding of computerized project management software (Prolog, Timberline, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (self-starter)
- Understanding of CDB standards for construction
- Project schedule management
- Material delivery and site utilization management
- Management of the submittal process
- Management of the RFI process
- Change order management
- Daily project reporting
Education / Certification
- Minimum 10 years of professional employment managing comparable work and a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Construction Science/Technology, or Construction Management
- Professional Engineer a plus, but not necessary
MUST BE a U.S. Citizen and eligible for a security clearance (able to pass a credit and criminal background check). Current clearance is a plus.
Pernix Group is a leading construction company, offering diversified general contracting, design/build, construction management, preconstruction consulting, EPC, and O&M services to private clients and public agencies. We have provided construction services since 1995 and have established a strong reputation within the Government, Commercial & Industrial, and Power markets by executing complex projects on-time and within budget while adhering to strict quality control measures.
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 13:18:20 PDT