ELECTRIC MOTOR & PUMP MECHANIC - FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
We currently have an opening for an Electric Motor & Pump Mechanic / Field Service Technician
This is skilled electrical and mechanical work on various types of equipment such as: electric motors, blowers, pumps, fans,, gearboxes, drives and a wide variety of industrial machinery. Performing repair work as directed by the Department Supervisor. Maintaining deadline schedules that are set by the customer. Repairs are to meet EASA and NEMA standards.
WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
1. Read job cards to determine: job status, work authorizations/ estimate, description of problems, and /or expected serviceability.
2. Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems, using various methods (ac or dc).
3. Disassemble electro-mechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration and condition.
4. Clean electro-mechanical parts as needed using various methods and steps, including but not limited to: parts washer.
5. Measure for, or note proper replacement parts.
6. Troubleshoot and repair electric motor, pumps , fan blowers, drives and other electro-mechanical equipment.
7. Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electro-mechanical equipment, including but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, mechanical seals, impellers, mechanical switches, fan, fan blade etc.
8. Retest reassembled electro-mechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
9. Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis.
10. Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
11. Lift, tighten, adjust and / or secure heavy objects in order to perform work duties.
12. Keep work area neat and clean as directed.
13. Assist other mechanics or other shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor.
- Monday thru Friday 7am - 5pm with the some Overtime based on job volume and or emergencies.
- Electrical equipment repair experience of at least five years.
- knowledge of electrical motor standards .
- Valid clean driver's license required.
- Must be able to pass drug test.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and be able to stand/walk for extended periods .
- Position is hands on and requires attention to detail.
- Applicant need to be safety conscience, self-motivated and have a good attitude and communication skills.
- Travel is seldom , but may be required.
- Operate Forklift
- Deliveries & Pickups as needed.
- Hourly pay rate is commensurate with experience.
- Paid Holidays.
- Health Insurance.
- Paid Vacation.
ROTATEK Rotating Equipment Specialists and EASA Service Center provides new product sales and precision services of rotating equipment serving the industrial and commercial markets throughout the US and abroad.
Our mission is to keep our customers operations functioning smoothly by providing them with the highest quality product sales, service solutions and support 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 08:58:57 PDT