Assistant Professor - Tenure Track-Criminology
Functional Title Assistant Professor - Tenure Track-Criminology
Position Type Tenure Stream
The Department of Sociology invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor with specialization in criminology for an August 2018 appointment.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach a variety of courses, in the BA and MA programs in sociology. Applicants must demonstrate promise of distinguished scholarship and excellence in teaching, as well as a commitment to seeking external funding.
- Must hold or anticipate a Ph.D. in Sociology beginning August 1, 2018.
- Candidates for whom the Ph.D. has not been conferred as of 08/01/2018 will be considered for an initial appointment at the rank of non-tenure track Instructor. Policies regarding appointment at the Instructor rank can be found at http://provost.uncg.edu/documents/personnel/tenure.pdf.
Tenure Status Tenure Track
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply visit https://jobsearch.uncg.edu and click on "Faculty", and select position 2437.
Applications should include:
- Letter of Application,
- Teaching Philosophy,
- Current Curriculum Vitae,
- Examples of scholarly work, and
- List of References - To verify previous employment. Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applicants are asked to provide the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) contacts to provide Letters of Recommendation, in the References section of the electronic application. These contacts will be solicited by the UNCGjobsearch system via email, and asked to provide a confidential Letter of Recommendation on behalf of the applicant. This will occur as soon as the applicant successfully submits the application and receives a confirmation number from the UNCGjobsearch system.
All documentation must be submitted electronically through UNCGjobsearch.
Please do not forward any application to the Department.
Initial review of applications will begin October 11, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact the chair of the search committee, Dr. Gwen Hunnicutt, email@example.com.
Recruitment Range Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Org #-Department Sociology - 12218
Job Open Date 09/05/2017
For Best Consideration Date 10/11/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 9
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy
- List of References
- Link to Professional Portfolio
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
- Writing Sample(s)
- Research Statement
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu