Production Supervisor in Food Manufacturing
Our client in Phoenix is seeking an experienced Production Supervisor, preferably with experience in the food manufacturing industry.
Supervise and maintain the highest efficiency, safety and sanitation to meet product objectives for food safety and quality standards within budget.
- Time Card checking
- Discipline Reports
- Shift Scheduling
- Let operators know what they are running
- Communicate with Office Personnel, Quality Control, and scheduling.
- Oversee production floor
- Communicate daily with Production Manager and Production Scheduler about product quality, production delays, employee concerns, budget concerns and other concerns as needed.
- Assist Human Resources as needed on employee related issues.
- Routinely observe line operations to insure products are produced at a quality standard, product line demands are being met, and continually look for ways to improve the process.
- Provide leadership to assistant supervisors, operators, cleaners, line workers, and any other employees responsible to you.
- Responsible for the safety, sanitation/housekeeping within the department to assure that company standards are met.
- Fill in for Production Manager when on vacation or out of the office.
- Monitor the department to maintain safety standards to provide a safe, accident free work environment.
- Attend all meetings and training required in order to continually maintain awareness of product safety needs and methods to meet those goals
- Recommend and approve department maintenance and improvements
- Provide monthly meetings for department shifts to keep communication conveyed to all department employees on production, safety, and quality issues.
- Assist with initiation, monitoring, and resolution of corrective actions for food safety and quality
- Assure that all company goals are clearly communicated and understood.
o Quality/food safety
o Operational cost o Profitability o Safety
- Direct supervision over process and packaging within department and shifts.
- Schedule sufficient personnel to accomplish tasks while ensuring not to overstaff.
- Monitor and enforce GMP's.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure maximum and most efficient use of people.
- Ensure equipment is properly maintained and functioning properly.
- • Perform all other duties as required by Production Manager General Manager, and HR.
Maintain and monitor all department employees to company safety policies and procedures.
Help set up monthly department meetings on safety, food safety, and quality.
Insure that employees are trained annually on required training.
Assure that OSHA and company safety programs are trained and followed to their specific required guidelines for areas of responsibility.
Set up for training all department employees on Right to Know being aware of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
Assist Safety Director as needed on environmental issues.
Use caution when working with chemicals and report any spills to Safety Director, Production Manager immediately.
Proper disposal of waste.
Proper use of chemicals by department.
Ensure BRC Training and procedures have been documented.
• Provide monthly food safety, quality, and safety meetings to department employees.
• Monitor daily start up, and switch over procedures and documents to be signed. Provide training for all sanitation schedules throughout the department and assure employees are trained in the specific requirements for each job function.
• Enforce GMP's and provide Training.
• Report any food safety concerns to Food Safety Manger or Production Manager.
ResourceMFG places employees within the total spectrum of manufacturing including production, assembly, quality, machining, maintenance, supervision, and all levels of management. Our clients range from the small family owned shop to international companies. If you are looking for a challenging career in manufacturing or are looking to make a change in your current employer, we want to hear from you.
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 14:09:48 PDT