Director of Business Development (DoD Experience Preferred)
Special Operations Solutions, LLC (SOS): Founded in 2008, SOS provides technical and engineering solutions for airborne, ground, and maritime systems. SOS has significant experience developing, testing, and deploying various platforms, including fixed wing, rotary wing, lighter-than-air, and unmanned aerial systems. SOS also specializes in intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), providing engineering solutions, consulting, and training for all phases of the ISR lifecycle.
Position Description: The Director of Business Development (BD) will be responsible for leading SOS's BD operations, providing leadership over all BD activities and personnel. The Director of BD will be responsible for market assessments and entry points, lead generation and qualification, pursuit win strategies, customer and competitive assessments, and win strategies. This role includes assessing future growth opportunities aligned with strategic goals and identifying and growing a qualified pipeline of opportunities. The Director of BD will also be responsible for developing and cultivating productive business relationships with current and potential customers, industry partners, and suppliers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform market analysis and establish strategic BD initiatives, account/campaign plans, and execution strategies/tactics.
• Identify, qualify, and mature a pipeline of focused opportunities that align with strategic BD plans.
• Develop and assess new opportunities, advocate for new business resources, and coordinate win efforts. Support capture and proposal activities on all opportunities.
• Analyze market data, funding profiles, and technical expectations for new business opportunities.
• Maintain knowledge of Government budget, budgeting, and procurement processes.
• Maintain knowledge of industry trends and activities related to SOS business areas.
• Develop and cultivate strategic relationships with industry partners, key Government personnel, and current/potential customers.
• Establish and negotiate teaming relationships in pursuit of opportunities. Prepare and present corporate and capabilities briefings.
• Attend industry days, trade shows, conferences, networking, and other industry events.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum 5 years of experience conducting BD, sales, and capture activities for Federal Government business with strong understanding of Government contracting and the BD lifecycle.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field. MBA is preferred.
• Demonstrated track record of winning new business in competitive markets.
• Experience leading and managing BD teams and overseeing BD operations.
• Experience growing and managing pipeline and individual accounts.
• Experience developing and implementing long-term and strategic business plans.
• Established network and experience across the defense and aerospace market space and current industry relationships.
• Experience establishing and negotiating teaming relationships in pursuit of business opportunities.
• Strong relationship-building skills and capable of interacting with professionals and customers at all organizational levels.
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to coach, lead, motivate, and influence others to support corporate goals and objectives.
• Strong planning, organizational, project management, and analytical skills.
• Strong verbal and written communications, networking, and presentation skills.
• Experience using tools such as GovWin IQ and FedBizOpps.
• Available for travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed
Desired Skill Set and Experience:
• Former U.S. Government / U.S. Military experience
• Project management and/or technical background in defense, aerospace, information technology, or other related field.
• Active security clearance
• Shipley training or equivalent
• Organized and capable of multitasking
• Proactive and energetic about growing company business
• Detail-oriented with attention to quality
• Tech-savvy; able to quickly learn new software and tools
• Comfortable working long hours to meet customer deadlines
SOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Founded in 2008, SOS is a minority-owned, small disadvantaged business providing solutions for federal and commercial clients worldwide. SOS specializes in delivering services and products for the geospatial intelligence, aviation, C5ISR, and information technology communities and operates globally with personnel currently deployed supporting missions 24/7/365. SOS has deployed personnel to multiple locations in the Middle East, South America, Africa, and Europe.
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 11:17:22 PDT