The Human Resources Manager originates and leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce.
They are responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
- Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices
- Oversee talent management
- Provide strategic leadership
- Develop strategic recruiting and retention plans
- Create and implement compensation and benefit plans
- Evaluate plans for cost-effectiveness
- Oversee talent acquisition, training and leadership development, career development, and benefits
- Direct the employment activities for both certified and classified employees.
- Develop and monitor procedures for processing applications
- Implement standard interviewing processes
- Oversee salary administration
- Recommend terminations and additions to personnel
- Develop and monitor HR budget
- Prepare HR reports for management staff
- Supervise EEOC and OCR regulations and complaints
- Setting high standard principles and providing likely solutions
- Providing pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers on grievance, attendance, disciplinary, and performance issues
- Ensuring the maintenance of all payroll data by HR Administrators
- Reviewing and revising HR policies in compliance with changing or new legislation
- Organizing and conducting employee testing and recruitment programs
- Keeping managers informing on antidiscrimination regulations
- Conducting new employee orientation program and other educational and training programs on changes in benefits, diversity, etc.
- Administering and keeping information on benefits and compensation packages up-to-date
- Receiving employee complaints and acting accordingly to resolve them
- Utilizing outside resources in order to monitor issues and concerns in employment law, communicating potential changes to senior management
Skills and Specifications
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Articulate communicator and ability to interpret and explain written and statistical data to a wide range of audiences
- High standard of attention to detail
- Solid commitment to customer or employee service
- Ability to convey difficult and challenging information to managers
- Expert Microsoft Office skills like Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Ability to manage time and prioritize work
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, or related field
Thermotron Industries designs and manufactures environmental test chambers, controls, and related products and has been for more than 55 years. We've worked to establish a trusted reputation among our peers, and when people hear the name Thermotron, they have confidence in the testing of their own product. We've been building our name since 1962; now it's your turn.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 09:31:31 PDT