Professional Tutor: TRIO-SSS
Seeking individuals with content knowledge in various subject areas to work with our program students providing academic support via tutoring.
These include but are not limited to: Natural Sciences: Biology, Earth Science, etc. Math: Developmental/Remedial through Pre-Calculus; Statistics; History; Government; Writing; Sociology.Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in content area or related work experience.
- Experience working with college or high school students (minimum 1-2 years).
- Ability to teach learning strategies to students.
- Ability to lead group tutoring session.
- Knowledge and experience working with underserved student populations.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Experience working with ESL students is highly sought.
To apply, please submit the following application materials: cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to: www.sunydutchess.edu/employment
Located in the heart of New York's beautiful mid-Hudson Valley (just 90 minutes north of New York City), Dutchess Community College is seeking individuals who are passionate about the community college experience and share our commitment to student success.
As part of the State University of New York, the largest comprehensive public higher education system in the country and a winner of the 2015 HEED Award for inclusiveness, Dutchess Community College is dedicated to nurturing communities, respecting individuality and embracing diversity. The College has twice earned the Poughkeepsie Journal's Richard K. Wager Workplace Diversity Award, and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, the disabled and all others (AA/EOE).