Contracts and Accounting Specialist
Job Title: Contracts and Accounting Specialist
Job ID: 24247
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 1038, Range 2
Department: Administrative Services
About the Position
The Contracts and Accounting Specialist will provide specialized administrative and analytical support to the Facilities Development & Operations Department. This position is primarily responsible for administrative tasks for accounting and maintenance contracts as well as assisting the Contracts Specialist with the contracts programs, reviewing and assisting with implementation and ongoing support of projects, monitoring timelines, ensuring accuracy and completeness of paperwork and is responsible for identifying contractual agreement needs for the FD&O department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that change orders, invoices, and extra services agreements are applied to the appropriate account.Prepare for review and approve the transfers of expenditure or encumbrance from general fund to appropriate accounts.
- Identify potential savings through proper execution of bid solicitations, intense review of Contractor requests for payment, risk evaluation and avoidance.
- Work with FD&O staff to compile and analyze project invoice payments, project accounting, post compilation audits, and project closure notifications.
- Coordinate and compile timely reports on project development and contracted activities, as required by funding sources and supervisor in accordance with internal procedures.
- Responsible for writing MEA Contracts; creating project files, monitoring project timelines verifying sub-contractor licenses, records contract bids, and other related duties.
- Practices control and management of electronic projects and documentation.
- Prepares change orders for work authorizations.
- Provides day-to-day coordination and interface with customers and project managers Maintenance Contracts, to include but not limited to scheduling and notifications.
- Responsible for the design and modification of spread sheets for data reports, analyzing the results for accuracy, distributing the output and coordinating corrections.
- Provide support and maintenance for various Contacts databases, such as changes and updates to the monthly report needed to track monthly task order expenses and the work authorization spreadsheet.
- Assist Contracts Specialist with Job Order Contract Program; creating project files, monitoring project timelines verifying sub-contractor licenses, DVCE documents,preparing Notice to Proceed, communicates with JOC Contractor, prepares and records Notice of Completion, attends bi-weekly JOC Meeting, records contract bids, and other related duties.
- Assist Contracts Specialist prepare change orders for minor and major capital projects.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24247.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.