Financial Aid Specialist (Reg FT)
Financial Aid Specialist (Reg FT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Provide guidance to students on the various types of financial aid and the requirements to receive it. In particular this position will oversee the requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise Program and the verification process. Provide information to students regarding federal, state and alternative funding sources. Work collaboratively with Enrollment Services Areas in support of the recruitment and retention goals of the College.
Work location and additional information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than September 18, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Campus: North Campus
Bachelor's degree required. One to two years of financial aid experience including knowledge of financial aid regulations and programs preferred. Must possess strong customer service skills and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population. Computer literacy to include Microsoft Office products and financial aid information systems highly desired. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague system preferred.
1. Coordinates coverage for the front counter.
2. Serves as central point of contact for individuals coming into the FA Office. Responsible for troubleshooting issues and concerns then providing avenues for resolution.
3. Completes the verification process for student paperwork received.
4. Ensure financial aid requirements for the Pittsburgh Promise Program.
5. Provides guidance to interested parties about the process of applying for financial aid.
6. Assists students and parents with completing the necessary forms for securing funding for the semester.
7. Provides guidance on Financial Aid satisfactory academic progress and the financial ramifications of not making progress towards a degree.
8. Provides student loan information to all students and specialized assistance to students in danger of losing their financial aid eligibility due to not meeting SAP; and those whose aid has been suspended and are interested in how to have it reinstated.
9. Assists students with understanding financial aid information for transfer to other colleges and universities.
10. Assists the Director with the delivery and development of activities and workshops designed to support the College's recruitment and retention goals.
11. Provides general Financial Aid direction to community organizations outside of CCAC who are interested in learning more about the subject of financial aid.
12. Assists with the training of Financial Aid work study students and new financial aid staff.
13. Helps revise financial aid marketing materials and on line documents and information for the new financial aid year.
14. Participates in Professional Development activities as assigned by the Campus Director.
15. Serves in the capacity of Campus Director of FA in the absence of the Campus Director.
16. Travels to other sites to assist at other campuses or centers as necessary.
17. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Financial Aid
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.