Functional Tester/IT Specialist
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will conduct functional and/or integration testing of multiple programs in a client/server and/or IBM mainframe environment.
- Programs typically support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax processing pipeline and master file systems.
- Will use IRS or Contractor-developed documentation to construct test cases with predetermined results and test data to verify program functionality and/or interfaces through assigned systems.
- Will review output to determine whether or not the test results fulfill the established requirements, and if necessary, notify the responsible programmers, both orally and in writing, of errors, omissions, and inconsistencies in the programs and/or documentation.
Basic Qualifications for an IT Specialist:
- 6 years of progressive IT experience
- 3 years of software testing experience
- Candidate must obtain interim staff-like access based upon an IRS Moderate Risk Background Investigation security clearance
- Must be either a U.S. Citizen or possess a minimum 3 years of residency as a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) in the U.S.
Preferred Qualifications (Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration):
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Oracle SQL
- Informatica Powercenter
- Informatica DVO
- TOAD Rational Tools (e.g., RFT, RQM, and RTC)
- Control-M Server
- Spring Batch
Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software applications is a significant plus
Possession of a current IRS background investigation is a significant plus
Soft-Con Enterprises Inc. is an information technology firm that offers consulting and system integration services as well as products and business solutions tailored to our client's needs. We deliver value to our clients by combining knowledge of their businesses with experience across the information technology spectrum.
Soft-Con does not sponsor Visa candidates at this time. To be considered for this position, you must have the legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
Mon, 4 Sep 2017 11:31:44 PDT