Fleet Maintenance Manager - Liberty Transport, LLC - Phoenix, AZ
Liberty Transport, LLC is a growing company in Phoenix, AZ seeking to fill a Fleet Maintenance Manager position. Pay is negotiable, depending on experience. Please review the job description and if you are qualified and interested, please submit your resume for review.
The Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for the management of fleet equipment at one location and managing a team of technicians/mechanics who are responsible for the preventive maintenance and repair of a fleet of Heavy Diesel Trucks and other gas vehicles. The Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing direction, either directly or indirectly, to a group of technicians/mechanics to ensure that all repairs and maintenance to company equipment are performed in compliance with the Company's safety and maintenance standards, and in compliance with all federal and state regulations. The Fleet Maintenance Manager is responsible for planning and scheduling the repair work for his or her work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity within the shop.
- Provide direction to all technicians/mechanics in the maintenance shop to ensure that all repair and maintenance work is performed is a safe, efficient and timely manner. Oversee the planning and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity, while effectively managing the department's overtime. Monitor the shop's operational performance and efficiency and take action to redirect activities as appropriate. Report to management on shop performance, and implement procedures for process or programmatic changes for improvement for efficiencies.
- Manage entire team in the maintenance shop, to include such responsibilities as overseeing daily shop huddles; fleet walks; coaching and counseling technicians/mechanics on performance and corrective action, when necessary; make hiring and termination decisions, in concert with appropriate management; oversee employee training and performance evaluation; evaluate, recommend and approve recommendations for merit increase, promotion and job change recommendations, as appropriate.
- Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program. Identify trends in road calls, break downs; oversee maintenance of the building and other facility on site; control maintenance costs relating to personnel, purchasing, inventory control and outsourcing of repairs.
- Manage outside repair facilities and repairs to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations; follow up where appropriate. Identify training opportunities and, as necessary, document issues and constructively discusses corrective action, as needed, with technicians.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track issues and issue resolution to ensure all works is properly completed and is in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the company, on site and on the road, including:
- Engine chassis repair and maintenance;
- Knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems to manage the maintenance and repair of the vehicles in a timely and safe manner;
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to manage diagnosis and repair of complex heating and cooling systems in the vehicles in a timely and safe manner; Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment is back in an operable condition as quickly and as safely as possible.
- Manage related administrative matters for the team, including payroll, maintain employee records, maintain records of all preventive and corrective maintenance performed, ensure the appropriate recording of all information into Maintenance Software, prepare and submit the budget for approval, set departmental goals to align with the targets and performance objectives established by the leadership team.
- The need to remain available for emergency situations in an on-call status after regular work hours.
- Evaluates and implements employee training, shop safety program/OSHA standards, tool inventory and accountability procedures, and inspections and certifications.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Associate's Degree.
- Diesel Engine Certification.
- HVAC Certification
- Air Brake Certification
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Commercial Driver License (CDL)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in the transportation industry which requires a thorough knowledge and application of safe working practices.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of basic computer skills and Microsoft Office
- Root Cause Problem Solving
- Effective and professional communications skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- High level of analytical skill to develop a range of possible solutions to address a wide range of issues
- Organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement
- Good financial management and planning skills; ability to understand financial terms, budgets, tables and reports. Ability to develop realistic, comprehensive plans to make efficient use of resources.
Liberty Transport, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information.
- High school or equivalent
- Maintenance Management or Supervisory: Three (3) years
Mechanic: Five (5) years
Liberty Transport, LLC is an asset-based freight carrier transporting commodities through the Continental US; primarily in the south, west, southwest and southeast regions. Based in Phoenix, AZ, we provide customized ground freight transportation solutions that can be scaled to meet changing business requirements and volumes. We offer transport services via refrigerated vans, dry vans, flatbeds, and other specialized equipment.
Liberty Transport, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 10:56:50 PDT