Budget & Personnel Analyst
Job Title: Budget & Personnel Analyst
Job ID: 24244
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038, Range 3
Department: University Police
About the Position
Reporting directly to the Chief of Police, the Budget & Personnel Analyst works independently to assist in the development and administration of fiscal services and compliance in financial and personnel issues for the department. This position oversees, gathers, and analyzes all data related to the department and presents these data to the Chief enabling decisions that not only affect the department, but the university as well. This position works closely with the Chief and Division Commanders to achieve specific outcomes. Responsibilities include the day-to-day coordination of staff personnel functions for the department. The Budget & Personnel Analyst has broadly delegated authority for administrative functions, implementing guidelines and procedures for budget preparation, and for collaboratively working with members of the Human Resources department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and prepare annual budgetary forecasts and business plans for all units within the UPD.
- Oversee all financial activity for the UPD to ensure compliance with established policies and guidelines on all funds and accounts (Operating Fund, Foundation accounts, trust funds, grant funds).
- Produce standard and ad-hoc monthly budget reports with appropriate recommendations to facilitate management decision-making.
- Initiate, approve and monitor all HR expense adjustments for all units within the UPD.
- Initiate and monitor purchasing and payment transactions, interdepartmental expense transfers and expense journals for all units within the UPD.
- Participate in and perform operational and fiscal analysis related to financial tracking of budgets, funding, and projects.
- Interact and interface with the University Budget Office to provide statistics and data to assist in fiscal and other ad hoc analysis.
- Develop procedures and/or forms to respond to newly-established policies.
- Oversee staff hiring activities, ensuring compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Organize matters pertaining to staff performance evaluations, collective bargaining agreement interpretation, grievances, complaints, disciplinary actions, and other personnel issues.
- Manage the interface between HR processes for staff activities such as reclassifications, equity reviews, in-range progressions, reassignments, and position description writing to meet budgetary constraints.
- Assist in coordinating personnel issues including payroll activities.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24244.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.