PROMISE Case Manager - Crawford County
Posting Number NC861P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/22443
Working Title PROMISE Case Manager - Crawford County
Position Number 15356
Department Rehab, Human Resources, & Comm.Disorders
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Arkansas PROMISE is a federally-funded research project to improve the educational and employment outcomes of youth receiving SSI benefits. Arkansas PROMISE will enroll 2000 SSI-youth ages 14-16. 1000 will be randomly assigned to the program group and 1000 will be assigned to the usual services group. For the program group, Arkansas PROMISE will provide intensive case management, two paid work experiences, monthly training events for youth and families, benefits counseling, and health & wellness training for the youth and one adult in the youth's household. PROMISE staff will serve the youth and families through 2018. No additional services will be provided to the usual services group.
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Connector will serve as the primary researcher and case manager for 20-25 families enrolled in the PROMISE model demonstration project and assigned to the program group. As the primary researcher, the Connector will enter all research activities into the PROMISE MIS to track engagement, progress, and outcomes. As the primary case manager, the Connector will support the family to fully participate in all activities of the intervention, as well as support the stability of the youth's family toward their long-term education and career goals. Each Connector will provide additional support and duties to the Regional Director and Project Director as needed to further the needs of the department.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in rehabilitation, special education, education, social work, human services, public health, or a related field
- At least two years of work experience working in the targeted local community to deliver direct services to people with disabilities, low-income families, students receiving special education services, or students receiving social security benefits
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? Yes
If yes, please specify Valid Driver's License
- At least five years of experience working with the Social Security Administration, or with a program directly funded or administered by the Social Security Administration
- Experience working with an organization whose primary work is Social Security benefits or Social Security work incentives would also qualify
- At least five years of experience working in the targeted local community in rehabilitation, special education, social work, workforce services, human services, public health, counseling, employment, or a related field
- At least five years of case management experience working in the targeted local community serving youth with disabilities, families receiving social security benefits, or youth receiving special education services
- At least five years of experience working in the targeted local community directly with or for community organizations that provide direct family support
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of available services and supports for families of youth with disabilities
- Knowledge of case management best practices
- Knowledge of county and community resources
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and Windows OS
- Skilled in motivational interviewing techniques
- Ability to work as part of a team to execute events
- Ability to manage one's time efficiently to meet project goals and engage families in services
- Ability to work flexible hours in the evenings and weekends
- Ability to collaborate effectively with local community partners and organizations
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule 40 hours/week (schedule may vary based on department needs to include some weekends and some evenings)
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Crawford County - Field Work
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? Yes
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- MVR (Motor Vehicle Registry) check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal background check, a sex offender registry check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 09/20/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments) 09/30/2018
Recruitment Contact Information
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
This position will be servicing the Crawford County area.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Van Buren, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you hold at least a bachelor's degree in rehabilitation, special education, education, social work, human services, public health, or a related field?
- * How many years of work experience do you have working in the targeted local community to deliver direct services to people with disabilities, low-income families, students receiving special education services, or students receiving social security benefits?
- No experience
- Less than one year of experience
- At least one year, but less than two
- Two years or more
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status