Transformer Field Service Supervisor (US Citizens Only)
Transformer Field Service/Engineering consists of the analysis of requirements and assessment of changes for Transformer Equipment. It also includes consultation and negotiation with customers involving installation, modification, and repair of Transformer equipment and products in customer field locations.
Locations: Texas.... Northeast USA..... Charlotte........... Philadelphia.......FL......... VA.........
Typical duties/responsibilities for field service may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise a group or groups engaged in Transformer Field Service activities in support of Company products and equipment. Resolve complex technical and logistic problems under general guidance. Develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer relations.
- This is a working Supervisor/Tester position and based on this requirement, each person will be required to have experience running and supervising transformer field projects and be able to perform all required field testing on transformers.
- Plan and establish work schedules, considering customer requirements, priorities, and availability of resources. Assign work consistent with skills of staff in order to cost-effectively achieve objectives while concurrently implementing efforts to continuously improve field performance.
- Monitor activities, anticipate and recognize potential problems, and take appropriate actions to mitigate.
- Inform other groups such as Business Development of potential opportunities for new business.
- Ensure that equipment is properly maintained, employees are properly trained, and work is performed in accordance with health and safety requirements.
- Investigate problems, develop or recommend solutions and implement measures to prevent recurrence or reduce impact.
- Maintain awareness of new developments and technologies. Review equipment capabilities, methods and processes and recommend feasibility of utilizing alternative measures or equipment to reduce costs, and improve quality. Propose to customers ways to optimize their operations while increasing the Company's business by such means as utilizing more efficient, state-of-the-art equipment.
- Technical and/or hands on work:
- Transformer installation and assembly
- Vacuum and oil processing
- Work with Shell and/or Core Form Transformer designs and components internal to the transformer, to assist with any internal transformer repairs as needed.
- Read, interpret, and understand standard and complex winding configurations and vector diagrams for testing purposes.
- Electrical field-testing to include:
- Transformer Turns Ratio (TTR)
- Winding Resistance
- Insulation Resistance - Megger Windings & Core
- Insulation Power Factor and Capacitance
- 10kV Excitation
- Sweep Frequency Response Analysis (SFRA)
- Functional testing of control cabinets and troubleshooting control circuits
- Welding above and below oil on transformer tanks
- Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair
- Associate Degree in Electrical program or related field, plus 8+ years of field service experience.
- Thorough knowledge of field service operations and transformer field testing
- Experience leading field project activities and communicate with field personnel, technical groups, and customers.
- Strong technical skills and judgment to resolve complex problems and potentially controversial issues.
- Technical and/or hands on working skills:
- Knowledgeable and fully fluent in transformer installation and assembly
- Strong vacuum and oil processing understanding
- Familiarity with shell and/or core form transformer designs and components internal to the transformer to assist with internal transformer repairs as needed.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand standard and complex winding configurations and vector diagrams for testing purposes.
- Welding above and below oil on transformer tanks desired but not required.
- Load Tap Changer (LTC) maintenance and repair knowledge desired
- Ability to act as the lead on field projects while communicating clearly and professionally to customer base.
- Ability to prepare field service job/trip reports using Microsoft word to ensure accurate reporting and cost management of each project.
Our clients include fortune 500 companies specializing in Electrical and Industrial firms.
Lake Mary, FL
Tue, 5 Sep 2017 14:46:37 PDT