Program Assistant- West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach & Boca Raton
Specify location: West Palm Beach, Riviera Beach, or Boca Raton
Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is offering an exciting opportunity for the right person to join our dynamic, forward-thinking team. We rely on the dedication of caring employees to provide a safe, nurturing environment for kids to learn and grow. We take pride in our highly skilled, diverse and committed workforce. Our staff are educators, artists, mentors and community leaders. Join a team of passionate individuals in our various child care programs who are working to make a difference for kids.
Implement activities provided within a specific program area, such as Education, Special Education (Technology), Social Recreation, Arts & Crafts, Character & Leadership, Health & Life Skills and Physical Education. We are filling positions in Wellington, in Riviera Beach and in Belle Glade. Note which location you are most interested in when applying.
Key Roles (Essential Responsibilities):
- Create an environment that facilitates the achievement of Youth Development Outcomes
- Promote and stimulate program participation
- Provide guidance and role modeling to members
- Conduct games and activities
- Monitor and evaluate programs, services and activities to ensure safety of members, quality in programs and appearance of club at all times
- Supervise children
- Enforce Boys & Girls Club Rules
- Be a good example and a good listener to the members
- Ensure children obey safety rules
- Ensure all children are accounted for
- Perform other duties that may be assigned
- Internal: Maintain contact with Club program staff
- External: Maintain contact with members and parents as needed; provide advice and/or discipline.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Experience driving bus preferred
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience working with children
- Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Ability to enforce Boys & Girls Clubs rules and policies in a fair and equitable manner
- Certificate of CPR and First Aid
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear
- Occasionally required to sit
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Founded in 1971, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is a not-for profit youth development organization dedicated to promoting the educational, vocational, health leadership and character of boys and girls in a safe, nurturing environment. The Clubs provide more than a safe, fun and constructive alternative to being home alone -they offer a variety of award-winning developmental programs to help youth build skills, self-esteem and values during critical periods of growth. The thirteen Boys & Girls Clubs throughout Palm Beach County serve more than 6,000 children ages 6-18. The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County is to inspire and assist all young people, especially those who need us most, to realize their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens.
West Palm Beach, FL
Sun, 3 Sep 2017 13:45:28 PDT