Controls & Automation Project Engineer
About the job:
We are the Controls & Automation division of an electrical contractor looking for mid-level PLC/Controls Project Engineer(s) with experience in the automotive and/or municipal water/wastewater industry. This individual must have 3 to 7 years of PLC, HMI and SCADA programming, design and implementation experience.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of automation based engineering projects. This individual must have previous PLC, HMI, or SCADA programming, design, and/or implementation experience in the manufacturing conveyor and/or water/wastewater industry. The qualified candidate will be a versatile, self-motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and manage multiple projects at the same time.
Qualifications & Experience:
• 3-7 years of PLC, HMI, and SCADA integration
• Allen Bradley, Siemens, FactoryTalk, iFix and/or Wonderware software/hardware experience
• Ability to understand project milestones and deliver on time
• Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects
• Commitment to quality and service while meeting customer deadlines and/or exceeding expectations
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of the codes and standards as related to electrical, water/wastewater, and industrial control systems
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of current computer technologies
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to design, manage and engineer a project from conception to completion
• Knowledge of SQL and Visual Basic a plus
Typical Tasks and Responsibilities:
• PLC, HMI and SCADA design, programming, troubleshooting, implementation and field startup support for water/wastewater process and/or the automotive machine/conveyor control industry
• Design electrical control panels including AC/DC circuits and schematics, panel layouts and bill of materials
• Verify and validate electrical control panel design/build through reliability, maintainability and durability test standards
• Networking and communications design, troubleshooting and implementation:
o DeviceNet, DH+, Modbus
o LAN, WAN, Ethernet/IP
o Wireless (radio and cellular) a plus
• Provide management and customers with regular updates, feedback and reporting during the project life cycle
• Determining and designing electrical controls and field engineering designs and modifications from project specifications, objectives, and/or issues
• Project documentation including daily logs, RFI's, project submittals, O&M manuals and as-builts
• End user and customer training
Relocation Not Available: Local Candidates Only
Founded in 1952, Detroit-based Motor City Electric Co. has maintained and enhanced its position as an electrical contractor in the Midwest for more than 60 years.
As one of the largest contractors in the nation, MCE has built an organization centered around service, capability and quality, with a focus on the areas our customers need most.
At our core is electrical construction, but specialized needs demand specialized services. Motor City Electric Co. has nine focused divisions, including Automotive and Process, Commercial, Industrial, Specialty Industries, Service and Emergency, Public Works and Steel, Technologies, Utilities and Excavation. Each division is equally committed to the MCE standards of excellence in performance and service our customers have come to expect.
Motor City Electric Technologies, the technology/engineering subsidiary of Motor City Electric, is an IT and Low Voltage integrator/installer and controls/automation integrator that provides professional and technical services from system design to maintenance and installation services. MCET's staff of experienced project managers, engineers, estimators, technicians and installers is your single source for structured cabling, life safety systems, video and card access systems, A/V solutions, IT communication systems and controls/automation design, programming and integration.
A service center with 300,000 square feet of fabricating and warehouse space enables us to live up to that commitment, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Motor City Electric Technologies has the skills, experience and infrastructure to do what it takes to get those facilities up and running. Through design, engineering, installation and integration services, we provide the competitive advantage you are looking for.
Sun, 27 Aug 2017 05:05:06 PDT