Business Service Coordinator
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Student Affairs/Dean of Students Office
Business Services Coordinator
Position #1730 - Requisition #10985
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Dean of Students Office has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Coordinator position.
The Dean of Students Office supports the CU Denver community by advocating for students, addressing concerns and promoting wellness and accountability. In partnership with students, faculty and staff, the Dean of Students Office fosters an environment rich in student success, opportunities for personal growth and promotes a diverse and inclusive campus community. The person hired as Business Services Coordinator will share our passion for delivering quality support services to our students and our university through collaboration and commitment to our team.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Jobs in this career family provide general business operations of the organization or a combination of operational responsibilities covering multiple career families. Functions include institutional research, statistical analysis, policy development and review, strategic planning and broad unit business operations such as parking and transportation services, risk management, childcare services, real estate and property management, retail services or job responsibilities that combine fiscal, HR and operational management responsibilities.
Professionals at the entry level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.
At the entry level, duties are limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals and are performed in a training and development capacity.
The Business Services Coordinator is a critical member of the Dean of Students Office team and oversees the business processes for the Dean of Students on the Denver Campus. The position directly supports and manages office duties and is responsible for budgetary tracking, human resource processes and written reports. Additionally, this position is responsible for maintaining and cultivating relationships critical to the office including, but not limited to CU Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus students, families, academic and student affairs partners, staff and faculty. The Business Services Coordinator will have an abiding concern for, and commitment to, serving the diverse needs of the University community, student development, active promotion of an inclusive environment, and support of office and divisional programs and goals. The Business Services Coordinator must be able to maintain a working knowledge at all times of all current University policies that are relevant to business services which may include, but not be limited to, procurement, human resources, budget, events, and travel.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Effectively handles sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the Dean of Students with timeliness, discretion, professionalism, and consideration of the perspective of the Dean of students.
- Responsible for HR functions related to recruitment, hiring, and on-boarding.
- Responsible for the creation and processing of new positions and requisitions in HCM. Process and approve monthly time collection for the Dean of Students team and assist in the implementation of procurement procedures, including acting as the approving official for Concur, budget reconciliation and monitoring for the Dean of Students Team.
- Manage all procurement including travel card, procurement card, purchase orders and associated budget management (speedtype audits / reports, allowable expenditures, etc.).
- Maintain budgetary related records in accordance with University standards.
- All other responsibilities as assigned and needed.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position has been established at $36,267.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, public administration, communications, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience working with a diverse population of students in a non-profit or educational setting
- Experience in HR operations, processing or supporting payroll or hiring processes
- Experience with fiscal responsibilities
- Experience using web-based information systems
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Self-starter able to operate with minimal supervision and work both effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to maintain a working knowledge of institutional policy and train others according to that policy
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. Additional Attachments Questions should be directed to email@example.com.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by September 19, 2017. Those who do not apply by September 19, 2017 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30252 - AVCASA-DOS Dean of Students
Posting Date: Sep 5, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Carlos Miron
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001730