Director of Education & Credentialing
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Director of Education and Credentialing (Director) will report directly to the President & CEO, and be a member of the senior management team. The Director will bring strong management systems skills and an exemplary education, training and/or course development background. As a leader in the organization, the Director will have an outstanding education and credentialing background with a good understanding of adult educational programs and courses, testing, work flow and efficiency. The Director will have valuable experience in communicating and training peers and staff on educational and certification programs policies and procedures. The Director must be willing and able to roll up their sleeves to do the day-to-day work while simultaneously looking at the big picture and designing efficiencies for the organization and educational events. The Director must have a vision for their department and be willing and able to share that vision internally and externally.
The Director of Education and Credentialing will have three direct reports: eLearning Manager, Credentialing Administrator, and Instruction Administrator.
Essential Job Duties:
Program Management: Vision and Direction
- Create and lead a programmatic approach to improve the professional advancement within the industry.
- Act as chief visionary for the development of our education and credentialing systems and programs.
- Manage a department of three direct reports.
- Develop and manage department budget, including new product and services, and the establishment of prices and demand estimation.
- Responsible to oversee and manage backend efficiencies of the credentialing and accreditation processes; course offerings and instructor pool management.
- Work collegially within the organization and as a member of the senior management team.
- Create and launch new courses and educational programs in coordination with the President & CEO, operations and marketing.
- Manage program committees, educational review committees, Board of Certification, Legal Advisory Steering Committee (LASC) and Professional Standards Committee (PSC).
- Manage content development through education groups including the LASC.
- Manage the technology adoption and advancement of the department.
- Responsible for on-going policies and standards for continuing education activities.
- Interfaces with all CACM staff members in communicating education and certification activities. Define and establish policies for the expansion of educational opportunities for CACM members.
Educational Systems Management: Program Design and Delivery
- Remain current on adult education and credentialing technology and techniques.
- Generate programs and services to enrich the learning experience of our membership.
- Improve speed of delivery and quality of new courses and knowledge content for member learning.
- Create annual schedule of courses and develop event programming.
- Manage all educational programs and courses including the schedule of place and instructors.
- Manage and develop processes for administering education programs as necessary e.g., Continuing Education Provider Program, Specialty Certificates Program, Scholarship Program, MCAM certification, Request a Course, Private Offerings, etc.
- Locate and secure course host facilities, manage logistics (i.e. banquet event orders), arrange and manage instructors and content.
- Develop and manage online education, i.e. webinars, on-demand courses, law seminar tests, etc.
- Prepare course schedule, and develop collateral materials on website, database and other outward facing promotional channels.
- Research, identify and prepare RFP’s for site selection, as needed, including finalization of hotel arrangements.
- Develop marketing copy for educational event program content.
- Produce educational events: Identify, obtain and direct speakers and use of technology for educational events.
- Review and approves applications for the CCAM, CAFM, MCAM, CAMEx and ACMB programs as well as re-certification activities.
- Develop certificate programs and collaborations with other education providers.
Learning Management: Curriculum and Instructor Development
- Act as Faculty Advisor including recruiting, training and monitoring instructors.
- Coordinate annual review of course materials for accuracy and relevance.
- Identify and coordinate volunteer authors to develop new courses and revise existing courses, as needed.
- Organize and format updates and rewrites of materials.
- Develop new course material internally or by leveraging contractors, subject matter experts, and/or outside consultants.
- Responsible for directing private offerings of courses and request-a-course offerings.
- Research, identify and coordinate the development of educational event program content.
- Format and finalize all educational event handout material and power point presentations
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Required: MBA or Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in adult learning and teaching and or course development, or a comparable discipline.
- Strategic business thinking: It is essential that the Director of Education and Credentialing possess the capacity to see the forest for the sake of the trees. We expect big picture thinking and the ability to find a pathways to success through the exercising of critical thinking, strong business acumen and an understanding of basic business management essentials.
- At least 5-7 years’ progressive work experience in education and/or training programs and course development, including at least 4 years’ in a leadership role.
- Strong aptitude with learning technologies, learning and credentialing systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage an evolving and growing organization; comfortable with change.
- Significant staff leadership experience. Track record for attracting, motivating, and developing a high performing team.
- Capacity to successfully manage many projects/responsibilities simultaneously and earn respect from multiple parties.
- Must have outstanding communication skills, both spoken and written. Experienced presenter with the ability to communicate technical and subject matter to audiences with varying levels of knowledge and expertise.
- Diplomatic: Strong track record of achieving results by forging consensus among diverse points of view.
- Ability to work with and keep confidential sensitive information and discussions.
Apply for Director of Education & Credentialing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- Non-Profit Organizations & Associations C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Education
- Non-Profit Organizations & Associations C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Curriculum & Instruction
- Non-Profit Organizations & Associations C-Level & Executive Directors jobs in Instructional Technology & Design