SOFTWARE SALES ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
SOFTWARE SALES ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
SON-FACULTY AND STAFF
Duke University School of Nursing (DUSON) is seeking a talented software sales professional who is a customer-focused relationship builder for an exciting and unique opportunity. Duke University School of Nursing, ranked #1 Overall Best Graduate School for Nursing by US News and World Report (2018) https://nursing.duke.edu/ , is an innovative and transformational leader in nursing. As part of DUSON's commitment to a collaborative and best in class educational experience, the team designed, developed, and implemented the TAMS (Teaching Assignment Management) software. For this role, the successful candidate will be a hard-working, self-starter excited about taking primary responsibility for growing TAMS revenue for DUSON. Duties will include responsibility for selling licenses of the TAMS software, conducting market analysis, sales and service activities in support of the launch, and introduction and sustainability of TAMS client base. Collaborating with DUSON marketing staff and TAMS project team members, this sales professional will develop and implement a comprehensive and effective plan for engaging potential customers and securing their agreement to license TAMS. Participating in the new client onboarding process and serving as the point person for client communications. Engaging existing clients to secure license renewals prior to expiration dates. Interested? Submit your resume today, and apply your passion for software sales and customer service to making a difference by joining a world renowned leader in education, health, and research. Experience the Duke difference.
Responsible for selling licenses of the Teaching Assignment Management System (TAMS) software. Conduct market analysis, sales and service activities in support of the launch, introduction and sustainability of TAMS. Primary responsibility for growing TAMS revenue for DUSON. Collaborate with DUSON marketing staff and TAMS project team members to develop and implement a comprehensive and effective plan for engaging potential customers and securing their agreement to license TAMS. Participate in the new client onboarding process and serve as the point person for client communications. Engage existing clients to secure license renewals prior to expiration dates. Supervisor Assistant Dean, Communications, Marketing and Business Development
- Develop and implement strategies to identify prospective higher education customers for the TAMS product.
- Build and execute a sales plan to achieve quarterly revenue targets.
- Manage client/prospect inquiries ensuring timely and accurate responses.
- Develop sales and marketing materials in collaboration with TAMS Operations and DUSON Marketing & Communications teams.
- Engage prospective clients via telephone, email, web and (when needed) in person meetings to educate and facilitate the sales process (includes trade shows). Some out of town and overnight travel required.
- Manage all aspects of the sales close process (including proposal and contract development)
- Serve as the primary point of service escalation and relationship management for customers including pre-sales, pre-implementation and post implementation activities, keeping TAMS Operations Team properly informed.
- Manage and document sales pipeline including forecasts, prospect details, current opportunities and future planned activities.
- Work with the TAMS Operations Team to identify product problem areas, new features, added value/revenue opportunities.
The previous statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications: A bachelor's degree and 3 years of previous technical sales and customer service experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform technical sales, marketing and client engagement functions and achieve revenue goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.
- Previous sales experience and an organized approach to work.
- Hardworking with a strong work ethic.
- Previous experience working as a client relationship manager or a track record of managing client relationships.
- Experience in an academic environment.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and make sound and timely decisions is a must.
- Ability to multi-task; excellent organizational, planning and prioritization skills required.
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Relationship-building skills at all levels with customers and prospect organizations
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel,and PowerPoint.
2167 TAMS CLIENT ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status. Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values. Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires four years related business or administrative experience to acquire competence in a variety of activities related to physician recruitment, health service marketing and health administration planning. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.