RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Duke Human Vaccine Institute - Admin
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
- Conduct daily operations in the Haynes lab mouse monoclonal antibody core including cell culture, fusions, ELISA assays, cloning and freezing of hybridomas as well as large scale culture for protein production and purification.
- Receives incoming reagents, manages inventories of Haynes lab and Catalent produced antibodies and other received reagents, and pulls antibody requests as required.
- Manages the freezerworks inventory of nhp serum + plasma (pulls samples and provides ongoing inventories of sample availability) and assists with other freezerwork inventories; maintains a log of all samples pulled/distributed
- Submits NHP sample requests to LDMS/Accessioning Unit - distributes samples to assay teams (communicates directly with assay teams and problem solves any sample issues that arise)
- Updates NHP studies books - provides updated MSS on regular basis
- Sends out QC aliquots and collates data for new Catalent batches and prepares COAs as needed.
- Analyze and interpret large data sets and provide interpretations and recommendations to the PI and Manager.
- Help with training and guidance of other laboratory staff and students as required.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies, and equipment for performance of duties, clean and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Review laboratory methods, manuals, scientific journals, abstracts, and other literature for information applicable to research experiments.
- Perform a variety of complex technical duties involved in conducting physical, chemical, biological, and other research laboratory tests, experiments, and determinations to obtain data for research purposes.
- Confer with Manager and/or Principal Investigator to review work assignments and develop plans for research experiments.
- Determine and set up instruments, materials, and apparatus and operate laboratory equipment
- Function as Radiation Safety Officer.
- Perform other duties as requested by senior lab personnel.
- Work requires a bachelor's degree in biology or other directly related scientific field.
- Knowledge and skills in basic laboratory techniques and standard Office software suite and/or other database software.
- Must be able to manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities and have ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, well organized with strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced interactive team environment.
951 RESEARCH TECHNICIAN II
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, genderexpression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexualorientation, or veteran status.Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a bachelor's degree in botany, biology, zoology or otherscience related scientific field.
None required above education/training requirement.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.