Department Chair, Management & Marketing
Department Chair, Management & Marketing
The Chair will report to the Dean of the College of Business, and will provide effective leadership to the Department of Management and Marketing. The Chair will work collaboratively with current faculty members and the local business community to understand the current needs and forecasted trends that will help inform the Department's vision, planning and curriculum. The business programs offered by the College of Business are accredited by Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP); however, Angelo State University is an educational member of AACSB and is formally engaged in the process of attaining initial business accreditation by AACSB.
About the University
Angelo State University is located in San Angelo, Texas, a city of just over 100,000 people located in the heart of West Texas. A proud member of the Texas Tech University System, Angelo State has been designated as an Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and has an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students. Angelo State is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools-Commission on Colleges. Angelo State is proud to have one of the nation's largest privately funded scholarship programs (Carr Foundation), supported by an endowment of almost of $150 million. For the eighth consecutive year, Angelo State has been recognized by The Princeton Review as one of the country's best institutions for undergraduate education. This designation is awarded only to about 15% of the nation's more than 2,500 four-year colleges. In addition, the Chronicle of Higher Education recently named Angelo State a "Great College to Work For" for 2015 and 2016.
About the College of Business
The College of Business at Angelo State University is dedicated to providing high quality education for the citizens of the State of Texas and beyond. The College's business programs are accredited by ACBSP and the College is actively engaged in the process of attaining initial business accreditation by AACSB. There are three departments in the College: Accounting, Economics, and Finance; Management and Marketing; and Aerospace Studies, which houses an award-winning Air Force ROTC detachment. In addition, the College is also the home for the ASU Small Business Development Center and the Center for Student Success, which provides advising and career services for all business students. The College has approximately 900 undergraduate students and 150 graduate students, awarding approximately 160 undergraduate and 50 graduate degrees each year. There are approximately 25 full time faculty, 12 part-time faculty, and 15 full time staff in the College.
About the Department of Management and Marketing
The Department offers the Bachelor of Business Administration degree with majors in International Business, Management, Management Information Systems, and Marketing. The Department has approximately 630 undergraduate students, 13 full time faculty members and one full time staff member.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
· Provide effective leadership and vision for the Department
· Active involvement in the recruitment, development, evaluation, and retention of faculty, departmental staff and students
· Serve as a role model and mentor for departmental faculty and students
· Enhance the Department's academic and professional reputation within the community, cultivating employer relationships to facilitate the placement of graduates
· Teach a limited number of undergraduate or graduate courses in their area of specialization, including online or hybrid courses
· Conduct research sufficient to maintain the designation of Scholarly Academic as outlined by AACSB standards and the College's own guidelines
· Supervise and manage the day-to-day administrative functions of the department
· Earned doctorate from an AACSB accredited business school in the field of management or marketing or a closely related field. The specific area of specialization is open.
· A distinguished record of excellent teaching, active research leading to peer-reviewed publications, and leadership in service that would meet the College's criteria for a tenured appointment at the level of Associate Professor or Professor
· Recent employment history at an AACSB accredited business school
· A working knowledge of current AACSB accreditation standards, as well as curriculum and assessment methods
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at email@example.com.
To be considered please submit the following items:
· A letter of application which clearly outlines how the candidate meets the position criteria
· A complete curriculum vita
· The names and contact information of three professional references
· Evidence of excellence in teaching, including recent student evaluations
Official transcripts will be required of all applicants selected for interview.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. For more information, contact Dr. Chuck Pier, Search Committee Chair, by telephone at (325) 486-6479 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.