Associate Registrar, Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations
Job Title: Associate Registrar, Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations
Job ID: 24239
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Job Code: 3312, Range 1
Department: Office of the Registrar
About the Position
Reporting to the University Registrar, the Associate Registrar for Enrollment Imaging and Archive Operations provides leadership and management functions for the successful and accurate processing of documents and completion of associated processes. The incumbent is responsible for developing and maintaining any documentation relevant to the unit’s operational responsibilities; directly manages business processes that involve data entry, imaging/verification and EDI (electronic data interchange), and data interface with various databases such as PeopleSoft, On base or comparable workflow management systems, and/or other student record databases. The incumbent works closely and collaboratively with all Enrollment Services units, divisional IT staff, and campus community constituents to define and accomplish desired outcomes; ensures adherence to applicable policies at the federal, state system and campus levels; provides direct supervisory oversight over operational staff as well as quality leadership that motivates and rewards staff, produces quality work within a student centered customer service environment, and meets university deadlines.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates effectiveness of operational processes to consistently improve the efficiency of the unit.
- Make recommendations to improve operational processes either in systems or staffing requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates the implemented technology policies and solutions from a strategic and operational perspective for each of our customers, and makes recommendations in accordance with best practices for development and improvement.
- Assists with the establishment and implementation of short and long range unit goals, objectives, policies and operational procedures.
- Assists in the development, management, and implementation of a strategic plan to enhance customer services via imaging technology for students, staff, faculty and administrators.
- Works with divisional IT staff and other technical groups on campus to ensure a consistent and efficient flow of data between the imaging system and other systems on campus such as PeopleSoft and FileMaker, and external systems such as Cal State Apply, XAP, and other web-based interfaces such as JST, WES, Parchment, E-scrip safe, Credential Solutions, and the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Manages any necessary testing of the imaging system and its interaction with other softwares in use on campus such as PeopleSoft.
- Manages a team of Lead staff members, staff members, and student assistants involved in the imaging and archive operations.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive training documents for all aspects of Enrollment Operation’s functions including, but not limited to: technical documentation of processing utilizing various databases such as On Base, Filemaker, SPEEDE, Parchment, e-scrip safe, Credential Solutions, WES, JST, and National Student Clearinghouse. This includes step by step documentation, process mapping, and updating when changes are made.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24239.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.