Admissions Communication Counselor
Job Title: Admissions Communication Counselor
Job ID: 24223
Full/Part Time: Full -Time
Job Code: 3082, Range 1
Department: E.S. Technical Implementation and Communication
About the Position
The Admissions Communication Counselor performs various functions under supervision of the Director of Enrollment Services Technology Implementation & Communication, but works collaboratively with other units in Enrollment Services to collect, synthesize, and deliver a variety of interdependent communication messages in support of recruiting, admitting, enrolling and retaining students to the university. Performs tasks related to the functional and technical communication cycle between from point of pre-application through enrollment. This position provides accurate and timely information via the phone, email, messaging, social media and other technology such as chat sessions and virtual advising.
Working under general supervision, the position is responsible for supporting a communication system that attracts, recruits, and enrolls academically qualified, culturally diverse, and socially conscious populations of undergraduate and graduate students. As a representative for San Jose State University, this position maintains a high level of knowledge of requirements, processes, and regulations to facilitate students’ decisions to apply and attend SJSU. The Admissions Communication Counselor will develop and maintain accurate and transparent documentation of the communication process and work flow in order to maintain levels of productivity, quality of counseling.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures the effective communication process (from recruitment to enrollment) to students and their families, and supports the yield process and activities for admitted students.
- Identifies, maps, and communicates the pre-admission to enrolled student process, addressing questions from students and parents regarding admission and enrollment at San Jose State University.
- Communicates effectively with students regarding their on-line checklist items and their individual status in various SJSU processes. Communication takes place across a variety of media including, but not limited to, phone, email, chat and social media.
- Interacts with students regarding their MySJSU student account and answers questions and troubleshoots problems through resolution.
- Provides counseling and advising customer service by assisting students at the front counter. Maintains general and up to date knowledge of all Enrollment Services processes. Keeps current and interprets program criteria and office practices.
- Assists students by email and phone (and other forms of media) by answering questions during office hours and additional special hours.Responsible for explaining to students and parents the various documents that may be requested for the application process, including transcripts, test scores and documents related to domestic and international admission processes.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24223.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.