Chief of Human Resources and Talent Development
Employment Classification: Management Group (Exempt Position)
(Note: Salary will be commensurate based on education and occupational experience)
Reports To: College President
Location: Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland Campus
Employment and Work Schedule:
Flexible day/evening/weekend hours based upon needs of the college
Purpose: The Chief of Human Resources and Talent Development champions a culture of employee engagement and continuous improvement. The incumbent will attract, develop, and retain a diverse, skilled, and motivated high-performing team of individuals who are leaders providing excellence in customer service and information. The Chief of Human Resources and Talent Development is also responsible for leadership of the college’s human resources benefits, compensation and payroll functions. This position reports directly to the College President. Other duties as assigned.
- Develop, implement, and oversee processes and practices that instill trust, pride, and confidence in all Lakeshore Technical College (LTC) employees.
- Oversee the college’s onboarding process to ensure a quality and diversified workforce.
- Oversee the human resources planning function.
- Oversee and coordinate the job design and job evaluation processes.
- Serve as the college’s Compliance Officer for Affirmative Action, staff ADA and Title IX.
- Oversee the Employee Handbook administration.
- Actively participate in LTC diversity programs.
- Develop and maintain human resources college policies.
- Coach and advise personnel on performance and other problems and serve as a mediator.
Manager Essential Responsibilities
Provide supervision to Human Resources, Payroll, Staff Development and Evening Operations. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff. Responsibilities include design position responsibilities, interview, hire, and train employees; plan, assign, and direct work; supervise, mentor, and develop staff through the Employee Management System. Carry out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws to include:
- Be an advocate for LTC in the community.
- Actively participate in college events.
- Develop plan(s) and budget for department.
- Address staff issues in an effective and timely manner.
Education and/or Experience*
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree with five years of relevant experience preferred. Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM) certification preferred.
*Note: Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee an interview for a position.
Skills and Abilities
- Positive energy and ability to motivate others.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, prioritizing, goal setting and problem solving skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects under pressures of deadlines and interruptions without compromising quality; function with initiative, flexibility, and creativity; appropriately apply protocols, guidelines and policies to solve problems.
- A strong intellect; an excellent command of details and ability to follow-up; effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to make decisions autonomously.
- Ability to research and evaluate alternatives for a decision and choose a plausible, effective option.
- Ability to function independently, but collaboratively, in a fast paced environment; highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse personalities; a results oriented person who thinks “outside the box” while maintaining, not compromising, what is already “inside the box.”
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a positive and proactive manner.
- Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions as well as services delivered.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, faculty, students, and citizens of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
- Fluent, bilingual individual is beneficial.
Condition of Employment
- Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) and the results acceptable to the College.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Paid Leave of Absence (PLOA)
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Program
On-Site Child Care
Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
Beginning: Friday, September 1, 2017
Closing: Applications will be accepted online until the position is filled; however, to ensure full consideration, application materials should be submitted for receipt no later than Friday, September 29, 2017.
Online Application Process
The LTC online employment application must be completed in its entirety to be considered for a position at Lakeshore Technical College. To access the online application, visit www.gotoltc.edu, navigate to ‘Just for You’ and click on ‘Job Seekers’, choose ‘View Employment Opportunities’ to create an account login and to apply for the position. For additional assistance, please contact Human Resources at 920.693.1863.
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, marital status, or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The College attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & Section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the Chief Human Resources Officer/Affirmative Action Officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1163 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1163.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the College’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888.GO TO LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711.