ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR FOR THE DEANS
The Office of the Provost at Lafayette College invites applications for the position of Administrative Coordinator for the Dean of the Faculty and the Dean of Curriculum and Research.
Description of Duties:
Facilitate the efficient utilization of the Deans’ time through:
- Management and coordination of calendars, arranging meetings
- Handling of logistics, travel, and transportation for the Deans
- Coordination and organization of applications and correspondence for all faculty and student research
- Tracking and recordkeeping for faculty and student research and travel awards
- Coordination and supervision of preparation, distribution, and processing of student evaluations of teaching
- Budget management for faculty and student research and travel awards; where needed, assistance with travel reimbursements, advances, and entertainment associated with events
- Organizing, managing, conducting correspondence, designing marketing, and publicizing events
- Drafting and overseeing communications to various constituencies including correspondence, computer based-survey tools
- Data gathering for various purposes (such as annual committee reports)
- General office oversight; maintaining calendar for facilities use; ordering supplies as needed; communicating with Facilities Operations for maintenance needs
Required qualifications include: ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of staff, administrators, faculty, and students; excellent organizational skills; resourcefulness; a demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize projects; ability to meet deadlines; attention to detail; excellent communication skills; flexibility and adaptability. Strong work ethic is required, and a high degree of discretion, good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality are essential. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, and Power Point); BannerSelfService (budget maintenance and record keeping); experience or ability to develop proficiency with web-based survey tools and other software programs. Previous experience in higher education, Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to http://apply.interfolio.com/44530.