Senior Program Associate, Co-Curricular
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Honey W. Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service is The George Washington University's central office for community partnerships, service-learning and community service. The Nashman Center integrates civic engagement into GW's educational work. We focus GW's resources to meet community needs beyond the campus, promote active citizenship in a diverse democracy, and enhance teaching, learning and scholarship at GW.
A member of the Nashman Center for Civic Engagement and Public Service (Nashman Center) team, the Senior Program Associate oversees the long term, ongoing co-curricular community service programs for students. Develops and implements civic, diversity and leadership training and education programs. Collaborates with community partners for mutual benefit.
• Manages all aspects of long term co-curricular community service partnerships at GW, particularly engageDC, GW SMART DC, and Community Building Community
• Recruits, hires, trains, and supervises (~200) student staff, including more than 25 student team leaders; monitors compliance with and adherence to Federal Work Study program reporting guidelines
• Develops and implements civic, diversity and leadership training and education programs
• Maintains strong relationships and communication with community partners, including regular community partner site visits; identifies new community partners; investigates and recommends opportunities for adjustment or expansion
• Promotes programs and community service and partnerships on campus and in the community through a wide variety of channels, including web and social media
• Develops, implements, and monitors safety oversight and risk management procedures
• Coordinates and collaborates with other Nashman Center programs
• Develops and manages budget; prepares reports; and assists with research, grant writing, and fundraising.
• Liaises with regional and/or national organizations as appropriate
• Coordinates and/or assists in performing special project assignments as necessary
• Enhances knowledge and skills by attending workshops and seminars and reviewing published literature
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the positionMinimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
A Master's degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is preferred, but not required.
Two years of experience in managing team-based community service or service-learning and/or national service program.
Excellent communications, project management, attention to detail, cultural intelligence.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom College/School/Department: Academic Affairs Family Academic Affairs Sub-Family Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Varies depending on the time of year, but usually 9am-6pm. Some evening and weekend coverage required. Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants: Internal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S006640 Job Open Date: 09/05/2017 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your salary range expectation?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter