Facilities Information Management Specialist - Facilities and Services (A1700540)
FACILITIES INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (FIM) SPECIALIST
FACILITIES & SERVICES
UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
The Engineering & Construction Services Facilities Information Resources Unit at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks a Facilities Information Management Specialist to help lead Facilities Information Resources space management and facilities information management system products and services. Facilities Information Resources (FIR) maintains documentation and information systems related to campus facilities and infrastructure, and offers value-added custom services to enhance campus preparedness, awareness, knowledge and efficiency.
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Information Management Coordinator this position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and assisting with the development of facilities information management in Facilities and Services. The Facilities Information Management (FIM) Specialist will provide expertise and in depth knowledge including a high degree of technical skill related to integrated work management systems and facilities information management. The FIM Specialist will assist in developing strategies that help manage and maintain facilities information across multiple Facilities & Services units and University personnel.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Responsible for administering and maintaining the University's space information database and floor plans utilizing Archibus Facility Management software and Assetworks AiM
- Responsible for room number review and assignment for campus space.
- Work closely with Facilities and Services and University personnel related to developing and implementing standards and procedures for maintaining facility information management data.
- Responsible for generating ad-hoc and recurring reports related to campus space utilization.
- Responsible for maintaining property profiles for all University occupied space, assigning property codes and coordinating with the appropriate municipalities to acquire addresses.
- Work collaboratively with Facilities & Services (F&S) Information Technology Services (ITS) unit to assist with developing client side Archibus, Web Central and Assetworks AiM system deployments as it relates to datasets maintained by Facilities Information Resources.
- Coordinate with Facilities and Services units developing standards, work flow processes and data collection procedures for current configuration drawings and updates.
- Facilitate a campus-wide space surveys utilizing Archibus Web Central, provide training for participants.
- Coordinate and conduct on-site field verification of campus space and facilities information.
- Supervise student staff
- Train staff on use of FIM systems including, Archibus and Web Central, Assetworks AiM.
- Serve as Facilities Information Resources technical lead for Archibus and Web Central.
- Assume appropriate related additional duties to further the mission of the unit.
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Minimum Required Work Experience: Basic understanding of relational databases and large scale facility management systems, excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and computer systems.
Additional Preferred Education and Work Experience: Master's degree, experience working with Archibus Facility Management software for space management. Experience working with Assetworks AiM. Working knowledge of Visio, MS Project, AutoCAD and Revit. Experience working across multiple organizational levels. Excellent organization skills; ability to prioritize workload, creative problem solving skills, work independently with minimum supervision, and take initiative.
This is a full-time, benefits eligible Academic Professional Position. Anticipated start date is as soon as possible following the closing date. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Application Procedures: For full consideration, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, a copy of your undergraduate college transcripts, and the names/contact information for three professional references by October 3, 2017. Applicants may be interviewed before October 3, 2017; however no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Nicole McCurry at email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities and Services
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Facilities Information Management Specialist - Facilities and Services (A1700540)
Open Date: 09/05/2017
Close Date: 10/03/2017
Organization Name: Facility Information Resources