Managing Director, Smart Grid - Information Trust Institute (A1700542)
Managing Director, Smart Grid
Information Trust Institute
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Information Trust Institute at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) seeks applicants for the position of Managing Director, Smart Grid. Reporting to the Director of the Information Trust Institute, the Managing Director will be responsible for the overall integration of the administrative management and business development activities of Smart Grid Infrastructure. In addition, this position will work closely with the respective Principal Investigators and/or Directors of all Smart Grid research projects and centers. This position will also play a critical role in an interdisciplinary and multi-institutional team on a high-profile mission to safeguard the security of the emerging national Smart Grid infrastructure.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide effective implementation of organizational and administrative objectives of the ITI Director and the ITI senior research team.
- Working with ITI staff and all principal researchers, provide liaison services with Department of Energy, UIUC faculty/staff/administration, industry, and the public at large on issues related to SGI security.
- Advise ITI business office on spend rates and team mix for SGI projects.
- Coordinate efforts across all SGI projects to provide reporting, general marketing communications, and meetings and event management, lead or contribute to grant applications and proposals to government and industry sponsors in SGI security.
- Identify SGI technology transition opportunities and establish relationships with senior personnel from industry, government, non-profit, and international organization to foster collaboration between SGI and outside organizations and grow the SGI effort.
- Market and provide public relations support for SGI through website development, printed materials, TV, radio, online media and representation at relevant trade and professional conferences.
- Supervise SGI employees including delegating tasks, approving leave time, providing performance feedback, etc.
- Assume additional appropriate managing director related duties to further the mission of the institute.
- Bachelor of Science degree.
- 10 years' of experience in computing, including knowledge of the electricity generation, transmission and distribution industry.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and support researchers, University administration and staff, Federal and State agencies, and industry professionals.
- Minimum of three years' experience in technical and/or administrative management of large scope multi-institutional, multidisciplinary research projects.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- General knowledge of and interest in electricity generation, transmission, and distribution.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in government-industry-academia research interactions.
The Managing Director, Smart Grid position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by October 3, 2017. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Kathy Buss, email@example.com or 217-333-6804.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Managing Director, Smart Grid - Information Trust Institute (A1700542)
Open Date: 09/05/2017
Organization Name: Information Trust Institute