Regional Facilities Associate - Northeast Region
Provide management of the physical campus locations in assigned region(s).Collaborate with corporate, regional, and campus leadership in maintaining the campus facilities to enhance the student experience and to provide a positive learning environment. Manage day-to-day and ongoing services and maintenance, as well as project based work for all assigned facilities. Report out on regional facilities operations.
**This role will support our Northeast region campuses, including Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania**
- Troubleshoot and eliminate day-today facility operations issues to ensure that student and staff needs are met.
- Establish routine check-ins and report out to all locations on ongoing maintenance and project based work.
- Manage all vendors or work with property management team to include oversight of: base building systems, fire and safety equipment, janitorial services contracts, and other services, which vary by location. Establish and track maintenance projects and schedules.
- Ensure all facilities meet Federal, state, and local/jurisdictional standards and requirements; manage all inspections including, but not limited to: fire and fire safety systems, boilers/HVAC, elevator, or other required inspections.
- Work with Project Managers to support campus openings, relocations, renovations, or closures (decommissions of existing sites).
- Manage security contract services within assigned region(s) and facilities.
- Travel regionally to assigned campuses, as well as to Corporate HQ, or to other Strayer facilities as needs arise.
- Be available 24/7 for response and management of alerts in relation to emergency notifications, weather reports, campus closures, power outages, or other incidents across Strayer network.
- Manage annual approved budget closely throughout the year and report out to Senior Facilities Manager on spending.
- From an accredited institution; Bachelor's degree preferred
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience in corporate facility management and managing multiple locations required. Other applicable experience may be considered.
- Must have a track record of success in project and facilities management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with corporate stakeholders, campus staff, contractors, and vendors.
- Must embrace teamwork by being committed to communicating effectively and openly and collaborating problems and solutions.
- Ability to manage a large number of vendor contracts simultaneously and track all services to ensure contractors are meeting/exceeding contract requirements.
- Specific experience managing multiple projects with multiple schedules.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction contracts and processes, HVAC repair and maintenance, and general facility maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience with budget development and management.
- Must possess excellent organization skills.
- Must have strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook).
- Should have reporting and presentation experience.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Facility and/or Project Management certification a plus
- Must have a valid, unencumbered, driver's license
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- This job requires a moderate range of mobility including be able to push, pull, reach, squat and lift and walk
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.