Manager of Student Admissions
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Dental Medicine
Manager of Student Admissions
Position #00738730 - Requisition 10966
The University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine Manager of Student Admissions is a member of the school's admissions, student life and inclusion team. This full-time, University Staff (unclassified) position provides leadership, vision, and accountability for the admissions process. The Manager of Student Admissions works closely with the School of Dental Medicine's Associate Deans, Student Services and Academic Affairs staff as well as the campus Office of Student Financial Aid, Bursar's Office, Registrar and other programs across the Anschutz Medical Campus.
The position is expected to actively participate in all admissions, student life and inclusion team meetings, events, retreats and to assist in related programs as needed. It is responsible for managing the attendance or hosting of recruitment events, fairs, tours or conferences. This position requires travel throughout the state and region. Supervision is exercised over an admissions representative.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Under the direction of the Assistant Dean and in coordination with faculty and staff, develop and implement a plan to engage and recruit new students into the School of Dental Medicine DDS program ensuring strategies are inclusive of underrepresented populations.
• Create and present annual recruitment plan, goals, strategies, reports and recommendations to the school's admissions and communication teams and committees; and collaboratively implement all approved plans and activities. Direct the activities of admissions representative(s).
• In association with the Associate Dean for Diversity and Inclusion, assist in the development and maintenance of the admissions office's recruitment and marketing plan with the purpose of promoting the College's visibility and general recruitment efforts in pipeline programs and targeted admissions populations.
•Assist in the development, maintenance and execution of the department's communication plan to prospective and admitted students.
• In collaboration with the Manager of Student Engagement and communications team, develop and manage print and electronic enrollment marketing messages, materials, websites, and social media channels and outreach activities.
• In collaboration with faculty and staff, host recruitment events, offer weekly tours to prospective students and families, and participate, as needed, in pipeline programs
• Serve as a member of the admissions committee during selection process. Evaluate and execute admission decisions on applicant files.
• Maintain relationships with pre-health advisors and maintain regular communications and meetings with student currently enrolled in Post-Bac and BS/DDS programs at the CU Denver campus.
• Responsible for maintaining a current understanding of student recruitment strategies, trends and best practices.
• Assist in planning, coordinate, deliver and evaluate the new student orientation programs.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is $50,156 - $83,594 and is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in education, management, counseling, higher education administration, or related field is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of higher education administration experience in student affairs or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) yeas of supervisory experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to travel to and attend job related events.
COMPETENCIES/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong ability to lead and create vision, plan and exceed recruitment goals, facilitate staff development opportunities, exhibit dedication to teamwork, model analytical & critical thinking.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to formulate and articulate policies, procedures, expectations and strategic outcomes.
- Ability to engage in creative problem solving.
- Ability to manage time and to organize tasks and activities.
- Ability to use technology effectively and appropriately to make informed decisions and recommendations.
- Demonstrated understanding of student development theory
- Master's degree specifically in Student Affairs, Higher Education leadership or closely related field.
- At least one year of prior experience working in recruiting at the graduate or health professional level.
- Experience in developing marketing materials and other collateral needed for recruiting.
- Experience planning and coordinating events, meetings, retreats, special programs, etc.
- Experience in student life, leadership and development.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Shiela Otero at Shiela.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 20, 2017
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20415 - SDM-Student & Alumni Affairs
Posting Date: Sep 4, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 20, 2017, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Shiela Otero
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00738730