Program Specialist- Part time
Functional Title Program Specialist- Part time
Position Type Administration - Staff
The Department of Counseling and Educational Development in the School of Education at The University of North Carolina at Greensboro seeks applicants for a 10-month (August 1-May 31) contracted half-time masters-level counselor for the job of Assistant Clinical Director in the departmental Nicholas A. Vacc Counseling and Consulting Clinic (VCCC). The person in this position will provide clinical and administrative support within the VCCC by providing consultation and clinical supervision to counseling students, and by taking the lead on special projects that support the training of students. Examples include, program development, exploring new referral sources both on campus and in the greater Greensboro community, maintaining confidential client data and generating reports, developing and maintaining clinic policies and procedures. The person in this position will report to the Clinical Director and indirectly to the Department Chair.
We are seeking a colleague with strong clinical skills, a clear counselor identity, administrative and organizational capacity, the ability to support the clinical training of students and to work independently on a variety of special assignments. A qualified candidate will have a master's degree in counseling from a CACREP accredited program and 2 or more years of direct counseling experience. A Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in NC is a minimum requirement, although a state license as a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPCS) is preferred. Hours are Mondays through Thursdays, some evening hours, but there is flexibility and hours can be negotiated in advance to meet the 28-hours-per-week requirement. Salary range for the position is between $33,400-$36,400 per year, paid monthly (summer off). No benefits are provided.
- A qualified candidate will have a master's degree in counseling from a CACREP accredited program and 1-2 years work experience.
- A Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in NC is a minimum requirement.
- Seeking a colleague with a strong counselor identity, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work independently on a variety of special assignments and the capacity to provide clinical support to students.
- A Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPCS) is preferred.
Tenure Status N/A
Special Instructions to Applicants
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of interest, resume, and names and contact information for three references. Members of diverse populations are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested persons should visit the UNCG Human Resources JobSearch site at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/. Information about the program may be found on our website at ced.uncg.edu or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/uncgced/.
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $33,400 - $36,400
Org #-Department Counseling & Educational Developmnt - 12003
Job Open Date 09/05/2017
For Best Consideration Date 09/19/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 0.70 FTE
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 10
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu